We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lion Hotel - room choice ?

cornwall
13 posts
Save Topic
Lion Hotel - room choice ?

Hi,

Please can somebody advise which room type to book at Hotel Lion. Our party is made up as 2 adults, 1 child (14 years).

We stayed last year and booked a twin superior with extra bed and we were very lucky to get a balcony. We are thinking to possibly upgrade to a family room for our next visit to give us all a little more space - does anybody know if these face the front/rear of the building and if these too have a balcony?

Thanks all.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Lion
Hotel Lion
493 Reviews
Borovets, Bulgaria
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lion Hotel - room choice ?

Hi! I'm sorry I can't help you with your question as I haven't been,we are going in Jan with a 10year old, what the hotel like? X

northumberland
Level Contributor
1,624 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lion Hotel - room choice ?

Hi

Never been there personally- but I was after a specific room this year at another hotel, and e mailed them to confirm my request, which was obliged.

Upon arrival, we were not in what I had agreed- showed them the e mail responce and were quickly put in a room as arranged. Result!

If you can- e mail the hotel with your request and take a copy of the responce over with you!

Enjoy!

Borovets, Bulgaria
Level Contributor
82 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lion Hotel - room choice ?

Hi

Some have balconies and are in different locations around the hotel. I agree with the above and suggest emailing the hotel.

Also, we are in Borovets so if you want me to wizz over and ask them / put in a request for you, it is no problem to do so.

Kas

cornwall
13 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Lion Hotel - room choice ?

Hi

The Lion Hotel is lovely - which is why we are going back!! It's smaller than the other hotels, but I like this as it has more of a personal feel.

It is approx 10/15 min walk into the main town. We chose to take the courtesy bus most mornings, but it is a lovely scenic walk if you choose to do so.

The food at the hotel is of good quality... and served warm/hot, unlike reports of other hotels. Drinks - including water, are at an additional cost.

The room that we were given last year was of good standard and having a balcony was a nice to stand on whilst the snow was coming down.

The lobby/bar area is very relaxing with an open log fire - seats next to this feature get filled up very quickly, however it is a nice atmosphere where ever you choose to sit.

We used the facilities that were available - played table tennis and pool. The hotel also has the added bonus of swimming pool and sauna of which we used most evenings to relax those aching muscles. I plan to have one of their massages on my next visit, as I have also heard good reports about these also.

I think I have covered all, but feel free to contact me if you require more info :-)

P.S. Have a fab time !!

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Lion
Hotel Lion
493 Reviews
Borovets, Bulgaria
cornwall
13 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Lion Hotel - room choice ?

Hi

Thanks for your suggestion - I will email the hotel as soon as I have received booking confirmation from our travel agent.

Fingers crossed !

cornwall
13 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Lion Hotel - room choice ?

Hi Kas

Thanks for your advice !

We have now booked and paid with a UK agent and have put a request through with them. If you are able to pay a visit to the hotel on our behalf that would be great.

I can not remember the exact room number, all I know is that it was at the front of the hotel, third floor, room 300 and something, and had a balcony.

We wanted to go for a larger room but didn't want to run the risk of the possibility of not getting a balcony, but if they can give us a larger room and fulfill our criteria then brill. Not sure I like the idea of being on the top floor with just sky lights though. See if you can work your magic. :-)

Also........

Where can we find your bar? We shall pay you a visit when we are there in February. Keep reading fantastic reports/reviews about you!

Cheers !

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lion Hotel - room choice ?

Thanks for the advice this is great! We are super excited, not long to go now! Hope you get the room sorted Em x

8. Re: Lion Hotel - room choice ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Borovets
Recent Conversations