We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bulgaria beaches

Canada
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
bulgaria beaches

Hi, I was wondering if anyone can tell me which is the nicest beach. We are 4 older ladies and love a nice sandy beach...........no pebbles.............can anyone help me out? Tks Ellen

Old Nessebar
Ancient Ruins, Historic Sites
St Stephens Church
Architectural Buildings, Sacred & Religious Sites, Historic Sites, Churches & Cathedrals
Church of Saint Sophia
Ancient Ruins, Churches & Cathedrals
North Wales
Destination Expert
for Sunny Beach
Level Contributor
7,258 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bulgaria beaches

7kms of nice sandy beach from Sunny Beach to Nessebur.

Canada
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bulgaria beaches

Thanks so much................have you been there at the end of May by any chance. I looked at the average weather but it does not look all that warm and it showed a lot of rain............that was for this year though. Any info would be appreciated. Tks

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
461 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bulgaria beaches

Hi

I was there last week of May first week of June this year and it was late 20's c with a warm breeze and plenty of sun. However in previous years we have had the odd thunder storm with rain but it never lasted too long. I prefer South Nessebur Beach very sandy and gentle slope in the sea not as busy as Sunny Beach, Beach more locals this end.

Hope this helps

Canada
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: bulgaria beaches

Thank so much you really helped me make up my mind. I was thinking of Nessebar as it seems a little more quaint and not so touristy.

Canada
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: bulgaria beaches

By any chance do you know of any apartments for rent on the beach? I have read that it is not a good idea to take full board so I really want something with a kitchen and right one the beach. Tks again

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
461 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: bulgaria beaches

Hi

Cant think of any apartments on the beach in that area as most of the hotels have prime spots. A little further South takes you towards Ravda that does have apartments on the beach front but in my opinion the beach isnt as good.

Let me know if this appeals and I will point you in the right direction.

Canada
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: bulgaria beaches

I think I will stick with the nice beach...........have you ever been to Golden Sands which I think is up by Varna?

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
6,452 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: bulgaria beaches

We first visited Golden Sands over 20 years ago and have been back many times since. Much prefer it there to Sunny Beach. It is a bit hillier with lots of hotels being uphill at the back of the resort. We used to walk down and get the little tourist train back. I think Golden Sands would be a good choice for ladies of your age. The beaches are lovely there. Have a look at the Balkan Holidays brochure and you will get a good idea of accomodation available in the resort.

North Wales
Destination Expert
for Sunny Beach
Level Contributor
7,258 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: bulgaria beaches

If you are looking at Golden Sands, please be aware that not many UK flights go into Varna airport now. If your flight is into Bourgas is about 2hours transfer to Golden Sands, compared to about 40minutes to Sunny Beach.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
6,452 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: bulgaria beaches

Thats the very reason we are not visiting Golden Sands these days. I wish they would do Edinburgh to Varna flights again. Friends of ours done the coach transfer from Bourgas to Golden Sands and it took 3 hrs.

Get answers to your questions about Nessebar
Recent Conversations