We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Bago worth a day trip?

charleston
Level Contributor
13 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Is Bago worth a day trip?

Our river trip has a free day in Yangon, with an optional day trip to Bago. Is Bago worth a day trip,, or is the day better spend touring Yangon?

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kurashiki, Cambodia, Myanmar
Level Contributor
16,057 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Bago worth a day trip?

If you only have 2 full days in Yangon, spend them in Yangon.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,788 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Bago worth a day trip?

Hi there,

100% agree with Maneki. If you only have one or two days in Yangon then see the sites and maybe visit the market. Bago is an excellent day trip but I would recommend you have more time in Yangon for such a short visit.

Hope this helps,

- K

kgbtravels.blogspot.com.au

Waterlooville...
Level Contributor
48 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is Bago worth a day trip?

What if you have three days? I have contacted a local guide and his first draft itinerary includes a day trip on our second day. The first is in Yangon and the third in Thanylin.

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kurashiki, Cambodia, Myanmar
Level Contributor
16,057 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is Bago worth a day trip?

I would spend 2 full days in Yangon and one in Bago.There's a LOT to see and do in Yangon and also some great shopping at Bogyoke Market (if that interests you).

5. Re: Is Bago worth a day trip?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 July 2016, 20:18
Get answers to your questions about Bago