We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day Trip to Bago

Singapore, Singapore
7 posts
Save Topic
Day Trip to Bago

I will be in Yangon later in October and planning to do a short day trip to Bago.

Is there an easier way to go there?

Could I go by train and return by bus or taxi?

Any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks

Yangon (Rangoon...
Level Contributor
219 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Day Trip to Bago

Hi, Cliff.

To Bago sight seeing dayreturn trip, by taxi is best.

Fare about 80 USD/1~3 pax.

To Golden Rock 2days 1night trip with Bago sight

seeing about 160 USD/1~3 Pax.

Hope this Help

AMKyaw

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kurashiki, Cambodia, Myanmar
Level Contributor
16,094 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day Trip to Bago

Hire a private car to take you there & back. It is not far from Yangon. Make an early start (6:00am or so) and you can have a full day of sightseeing there.

uk/spain
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Day Trip to Bago

Hi

How war your day trip, and more important, how did you decide to go in the end, train, bus or taxi?

Thanks

4. Re: Day Trip to Bago

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 01 March 2015, 17:35
Austria
Level Contributor
387 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day Trip to Bago

trip to bago is very easy ,train from yangon 6am, 2 dollars, 2 hours. walk 5 minutes to emperor or other hotels,( 20 dollars.) there you find motorbike-taxis,full day around 15 dollar,

i suggest 9-13.00 new city ,east of river (palace-shwemawdaw-hintagon-kakatkain monastery), then lunch near clocktower or near hotels. 14-18.00 old city- mahagy, -gothaingota animal sculpture park-shwegugale-mahazedy-2 sleeping buddhas-(shwetalyaung and myathalyaung)- bus back to yangon every hour, 1 dollar, 90 min-stops 3km south of airport at pyay road.taxi to sule maybe 5 dollar. if you have more than 1 full day, there are many more interesting pagodas.

Den Haag
Level Contributor
1,322 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Day Trip to Bago

This was an old question - October 2014 so the OP has been to Bago and gone. Even left this forum probably.

Perhaps a somewhat late but useful answer for fortunaguys ?

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kurashiki, Cambodia, Myanmar
Level Contributor
16,094 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Day Trip to Bago

Interesting how a lot of new forum members dig up old posts and begin "necroposting".

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,073 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Day Trip to Bago

we need to em - Bago (Embargo) those who delay posting till after the event , my "em-bago" for austrian heinrich (unserer Österreicher) is to spend next 3 days speaking with a good Hans Mosel accent ;-) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1Wo0sMWJMs

Edited: 09 April 2015, 07:07
Austria
Level Contributor
387 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Day Trip to Bago

i know, the question of the original poster refers to date, that has already passed. but i am sure, there are more than just 1 , who have the same question. as long as the question appears in the myanmar-forum in the first pages, out of 388 pages, and i think, the answers are of general interest, i do not look at a special date. even in 5 years, my answers will be helpful for a lot of people. BTW, i like hans moser

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTONayew73Y

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,073 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Day Trip to Bago

Ick Verstehe Gar kein Wort HEINRICH, Ik habe nur Berliner Deutsche Jelernt dah braucht mann untertitel zu verstehen "moser oostereich" oder am meisten ne macke hat na!

Thanks for that but I still feel you should be punmished and 3 days with Moser sprache is enough for anyone.

I always tyhough a good way to learn a language is to watch TV like the Dutch learn English so watched many old hans moser films before realising this was not German same same schwitzer Dutz who say of them selves we have no speech impediment we all speak the same "Wir haben Keinem sprach fehler wir reden alle so!" the Mennonites in Belize I coulodn't understand their German either till Iearnt that the clsoest dialect to theirs, is also Schwitzer dutz lol

Get answers to your questions about Bago