We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taunggyi hotels for Balloon festival

Beccles, United...
Level Contributor
282 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Taunggyi hotels for Balloon festival

Hi

I want to stay in Taunngyi for the balloon festival, Nov 10th - 18th 2013.

Does anyone know if I can book a hotel directly or through a local agent ?

I can't find details of how to contact any hotels there.

Many thanks.

denmark
Level Contributor
628 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taunggyi hotels for Balloon festival

I stayed at Hotel KBZ FC (formerly Paradise Hotel Taunggyi) -very basic - a few years ago and booked through

http://www.hoteltravel.com/search/hotels.aspx

You can also contact a travelagent for other hotels.

Kirsten

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
14,705 posts
356 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taunggyi hotels for Balloon festival

Visitors last year had great difficulty getting decent accommodation with some having to accept 3rd or 4th choice.

Start contacting a local Agent now.

SS

Beccles, United...
Level Contributor
282 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taunggyi hotels for Balloon festival

Hi all

Thanks very much for your replies.

I have been busy trying to sort out my whole trip and did contact the excellent agency who helped me when I was in Myanmar last month (Exotissimo) but they have not replied!

Any more pointers?

Beccles, United...
Level Contributor
282 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taunggyi hotels for Balloon festival

Thanks for that helpful info Jenny c.

I also had great info in a PM from Shwezins. Ki546 also put me on to a good hotel booking agent who are searching for me.

Hoefully all this will result in a bed for a few nights.

Good old Tripadvisor and it's kind users.....

N S
Nyaung Shwe, Myanmar
Destination Expert
for Nyaung Shwe
Level Contributor
616 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taunggyi hotels for Balloon festival

I tried to make hotel reservation for my clients in Nov,but I can't.Mid range hotels told me that they will accept reservatin in Oct and then room rate for Nov will let me know few days before festival.What a stupid idea and how crazy hotelier in Taunggyi is.

Beccles, United...
Level Contributor
282 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taunggyi hotels for Balloon festival

Thanks a lot NS.

Do you know if there is a particular local problem in Myanmar with emails?

I emailed you directly a while ago and am still waiting to hear from your head office about a possible tour.

I also emailed One Stop who did not replyand had another email returned from a different agent.

Any ideas?

7. Re: Taunggyi hotels for Balloon festival

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 19 March 2013, 16:35
8. Re: Taunggyi hotels for Balloon festival

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 14:37
9. Re: Taunggyi hotels for Balloon festival

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2013, 22:48
10. Re: Taunggyi hotels for Balloon festival

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 27 October 2014, 00:15