We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Festival Inle Lake

Cairns, Australia
2 posts
Save Topic
Festival Inle Lake

hi there I am planning a trip to Myanmar and was wondering if anyone had been to the Phaung Daw Oo Pagoda Festival I am aware that the festival starts on the 5th of October this year any advice or info would be greatly appreciated

cheers penny

Torino
Level Contributor
39 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Festival Inle Lake

Hi Penny

I"ll be there this year from 21st until 24th October to see the procession and the boat race

It"ll start on 5th October until 22nd October

You can see more info here:

ananda-travel.com/UK/date_festival_inle_2013…

journeysmyanmar.com/festival/october_festiva…

I hope this can help you.

Bye

Lino

N S
Nyaungshwe, Myanmar
Destination Expert
for Nyaungshwe
Level Contributor
620 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Festival Inle Lake

Phaung Daw Oo pagoda festival will start from 5th Oct to 22nd Oct.

Most beautiful day will be on 11th,many leg rowing boats pulling from Lin Kin village to Nyaung Shwe.

Cairns, Australia
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Festival Inle Lake

thank you so much for the info I may have to change my plans so I can be there for the 11th once again thanks

Bali, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Ubud, Pemuteran, Yogyakarta
Level Contributor
11,025 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Festival Inle Lake

Yes, we were there last year, thanks to Kyaw at One-Stop Myanmar who advised me to reroute my trip to be able to experience the festival. It was one of the highlights of our month in Myanmar... It was a very unique experience and we had such wonderful interactions with the local Burmese.

Manhattan Beach
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Festival Inle Lake

Hello,

I am planning a trip to Burma/Inle Lake in September. I would like to remain flexible on itinerary.Do you think it would it be possible to find a hotel room during the Phaung Daw Oo pagoda festival? I can either visit before and miss the crowd or take a chance. What would you do?

Edited: 21 February 2014, 07:00
N S
Nyaungshwe, Myanmar
Destination Expert
for Nyaungshwe
Level Contributor
620 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Festival Inle Lake

Phaung Daw Oo pagoda festival will start on 24th September this year(2014),most crowded day(procession from Linkin village to Nyaung Shwe) will be 30th Sep and will finish on 11th Oct.

You should make hotel reservation in advance,Oct is high season for tourist.

Edited: 21 February 2014, 07:17
7. Re: Festival Inle Lake

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 April 2015, 23:15
Get answers to your questions about Taunggyi