We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Leaving Taunggyi by train

Rotterdam, The...
8 posts
Save Topic
Leaving Taunggyi by train

I can see a train line on googlemaps but can not find a timetable for trains. I would like to go

from Taunggyi to Bagan by train or combination train/bus. Is this possible to anyone's knowledge?

Thank you.

5 replies to this topic
N S
Nyaungshwe, Myanmar
Destination Expert
for Nyaungshwe
Level Contributor
620 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Leaving Taunggyi by train

You saw on the map is Taunggyi-Kyauktalone(Kakku) railway and only run once a day.

If you like to go Bagan by train,you have to take combination train.

Rotterdam, The...
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Leaving Taunggyi by train

Thank you for the warning that the train is only once a day!

Is the best place to change to bus or other train Thazi? Or maybe Meiktila?

Or is there a better way for a foreigner to get to Bagan from Taunggyi? I don't mind an overnight transport or sleeping along the way for a night.

will appreciate any and all information.

Robert

N S
Nyaungshwe, Myanmar
Destination Expert
for Nyaungshwe
Level Contributor
620 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Leaving Taunggyi by train

From Inle(Nyaung Shwe) to Bagan,you can use night or day bus.If you like to get slow train experience mix with locals,you can ride from Shwe Nyaung( junction) to Kalaw.2-3 hrs ride.I prefer night bus,it's save time and some money I think.

If you like to know about tickets and some detail informations,I'll give you a contact.They're not bad and helpful.

eversmile.ns.inle@gmail.com

the local agency in Nyaung Shwe.

4. Re: Leaving Taunggyi by train

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 14:37

Rotterdam, The...
8 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Leaving Taunggyi by train

Thankyou both for your input. Will email your contact in the coming week.

Robert

Reply to: Leaving Taunggyi by train
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Taunggyi