We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Experience with flights to/from Kengtung

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Experience with flights to/from Kengtung

Hi there!

I am planning to travel Myanmar next year February and I hope you can give me some information and advice on one special part of my itinerary.

After Yangon I’d like to fly to Kengtung and do some trekking before moving on to Inle Lake. Air Bagan offers flights to and from Kengtung tree times a week and I am wondering how reliable they are to take place. I contacted a local travel agent (why not myanmar) to arrange the booking for the flights and they assured that – apart from technical problems or bad weather – flights are reliable. Well, some travel reports do state otherwise for Myanmar in general, so I do have some doubts. I already made a booking for a hotel in Nyaungshwe, therefore it’s important I get there on time. That would be impossible if the planned flight from Kengtung gets cancelled. So I am wondering if some of you travelled to Kengtung or know about this flight connection and can share their knowledge concerning the reliability.

Thanks for your help!

3 replies to this topic
Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
14,432 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Experience with flights to/from Kengtung

I have not flown this route but I cannot see there is any special reason why this of all flights should be subject to cancellation as the routing is important

AB flightW9/119,as you said, is scheduled 3 times a week,MWS, and after leaving Yangon goes to Heho then Tachiliek to Kyaing Tong and the return W9/120 to Yangon is via Heho and Mandalay.

hope this helps

SS

Yangon (Rangoon...
Level Contributor
25 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Experience with flights to/from Kengtung

Kyaing tong flight are very rarely cancelled as SS said they have to rely on the flight not only for the tourist but also for the local people.

Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Experience with flights to/from Kengtung

Hello!

I.m planning a trip to myamar next week. I Will be coming from chang mai by bus and i wanted to do some trekking in kengtung and fly afterwards to mandalay (online road blocked). I have two concerns

1- i couldnt have access to airbagan to Know the prices ( i Will probably be booking last minute (once i get to myamar). Could you please share with me the average price i should be expecting?

2 - IS There any other Company ? I tried bkz but i couldnt Check thé prices or book online

Thank you very much for tour help

Jihane

Thank you à lot for your help

Reply to: Experience with flights to/from Kengtung
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kengtung