We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Overnight bus from Nyaungshwe to Yangon

California
Level Contributor
1,015 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Overnight bus from Nyaungshwe to Yangon

Is there any overnight bus in December 2013/January 2014? How often? What time it leaves and is it safe to take the bus? What is road condition like?

N S
Nyaung Shwe, Myanmar
Destination Expert
for Nyaung Shwe
Level Contributor
617 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Overnight bus from Nyaungshwe to Yangon

Yes,there is.It’s save,many good condition expresses running NS-YGN now.Road condition also good.Mostly they leave in evening around 5-6 pm then arrive early morning.

Edited: 22 April 2013, 05:29
2. Re: Overnight bus from Nyaungshwe to Yangon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 July 2013, 01:10
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
13 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Overnight bus from Nyaungshwe to Yangon

Yes,

Costs 15,000kyats and takes roughly 11.5 hrs.

Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
20 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Overnight bus from Nyaungshwe to Yangon

Hi,

Is there a big difference between VIP bus that costs 23,000 kyats or normal bus that cost 15,000 kyats?

Thanks.

5. Re: Overnight bus from Nyaungshwe to Yangon

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 14:36
Wellington
Level Contributor
497 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Overnight bus from Nyaungshwe to Yangon

I did the VIP bus and it was fantastic in terms of being able to get some sleep - huge reclining seats, pillows, blankets and they turned off the music vids and the lights about 10pm. Left around 6.30pm and got in a bit before 5am. I was travelling solo and there were two seats on one side of the aisle and a single seat on the other which was nice. It was a huge amount better than the day bus I took Bagan to Inle - I would definitely pay the extra.

N S
Nyaung Shwe, Myanmar
Destination Expert
for Nyaung Shwe
Level Contributor
617 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Overnight bus from Nyaungshwe to Yangon

Many VIP or normal buses run Nyaung Shwe-Yangon directly already,like Golden Shuttle,Yangyi Aung.Shwe Taung Yoo,Ye Thu Aung, and more.The buses which didn't enter Nyaung Shwe will provide transportation to junction(Shwe Nyaung).

The difference between VIP and normal is 30 seated in VIP and 45 seated in normal.VIP is more space and more comfortable.Also will give you a soft drink and a small cake.

Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
3 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Overnight bus from Nyaungshwe to Yangon

Just back from Myanmar. What a lovely country!

We booked JJ bus leaving from Nyaungshweat 6,30pm and arriving at Yangon at 6am.

Huge and reclining seats - 2+1 per row.

We booked the bus through Mr. A Tun travel agency in Nyaungshwe. It is run by a lovely and professional lady. The cost was 20,000 kyat each. A good price if compared to the air ticket at 118 US Dls + transfer from the hotel to the airport.

The travel was comfortable. A shuttle picked up at our hotel and brought us at the bus stop (between Nyaungshwe and Taunggyi). We had a first stop at 8pm for a quick dinner at a local restaurant. (fried rice or pastan with chicken or vegetables are complimentary - beverages are extra).

There is no toilet aboard. The bus stops once or twice during the night (bring a torchlight as there is electricity at the toilet along the road) .

Aircon was working (18°C). Chilly for us, but covers are supplied by the staff.

In Yangon the first stop is close to the airport, while the second one is close to the city center. In both cases a taxi is required.

Hope it helps. Enjoy Myanmar!

California
Level Contributor
1,015 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Overnight bus from Nyaungshwe to Yangon

Is the 2nd bus stop close to Sule Pagoda? Will be staying at May Shan hotel in Yangon.

Is JJ the same as VIP bus?

I will be in Nyaungshwe December 31, 2013. I have a horsecart and driver in Bagan who said he could book the VIP bus for 23000 kyat for me. The host at Princess Garden Hotel said she can book for me too when I arrive on december 31, 2103. I won't need the overnight bus to Yangon till Jan 3rd.

Should I wait to book on dec 31 or would it be too late to reserve seats?

10. Re: Overnight bus from Nyaungshwe to Yangon

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 22 November 2014, 06:19