We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Route from San Pedro to Santiago

Which San Pedro de Atacama hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Montpellier, France
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Topic
Route from San Pedro to Santiago

Dear visitors,

Is the route from San Pedro to Santiago a nice one and which stops should i consider to make. Furtermor i would like to know how many days it would cost me. Thanks in advance

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile, Santiago
Level Contributor
6,175 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Route from San Pedro to Santiago

Driving with no stops except to sleep, 2 days. The highway is fine, mainly four lane. The most interesting places to stop are off the highway along the coast. It is an arid landscape until closer to Santiago.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
4,337 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Route from San Pedro to Santiago

La Serena is a good pitstop for a nite or two. They have a small but lovely town centre. Nice beaches too. And if u have the time go to the observatory or Damas Island to see wild dolphins n humbolt penguins.

England
Level Contributor
585 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Route from San Pedro to Santiago

Hi,

Is it good time go to La Serena, Damas Island during Christmas period?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
4,337 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Route from San Pedro to Santiago

Its summer in Chile so that would be a good time. Not sure if theres any tour on xmas day itself.

5. Re: Route from San Pedro to Santiago

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 04:16
Get answers to your questions about San Pedro de Atacama