We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Salta to SP de Atacama in November (problems?)

Warsaw, Warszawa...
Level Contributor
65 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
From Salta to SP de Atacama in November (problems?)

Hi!

How is the weather like in November to Travel from Salta, ARG to San Pedro? Are there any problems to occur in Andes (weather-relate)? Is there a chance of serious issues cancelling travel?

Thanks in advance

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
10,786 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From Salta to SP de Atacama in November (problems?)

November should probably be alright but it is difficult to predict weather patterns now. There are only buses 3X a week still, I believe. Geminis and Andesmar do the route. You can book Andesmar online about a month beforehand but Geminis you need to book in the bus station.

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
33,020 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: From Salta to SP de Atacama in November (problems?)

There are a lot of volcanoes in Chile....

Warsaw, Warszawa...
Level Contributor
65 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: From Salta to SP de Atacama in November (problems?)

But I guess they don't go exploding in November? I'm rather worried if November is "wet" season when roads might become inpassable.

Vieques
Level Contributor
3,653 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: From Salta to SP de Atacama in November (problems?)

We did the Salar de Uyuni in November and had great weather. I imagine that that is the route the bus takes. We started our tour in Tupiza and were dropped at the border near San Pedro. We had bright sunny weather the four days we were in the area.

Warsaw, Warszawa...
Level Contributor
65 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: From Salta to SP de Atacama in November (problems?)

Thank You, dear all!

6. Re: From Salta to SP de Atacama in November (problems?)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 February 2014, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about San Pedro de Atacama