We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Pedro de Atacama, Chile to Lima, Peru

Which San Pedro de Atacama hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Topic
San Pedro de Atacama, Chile to Lima, Peru

Hi,

I am going to be traveling through Chile in late June and I was wondering if there was a way to go from San Pedro de Atacama to Lima, either by bus, train, or plane?

Thank you!

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
10,279 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: San Pedro de Atacama, Chile to Lima, Peru

Bus from San Pedro to Arica, cross to Tacna and then bus to Lima. There are also flights but not from San Pedro. There are no international trains in South America and very few domestic ones.

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
6,009 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: San Pedro de Atacama, Chile to Lima, Peru

Sky Airlines flies between Antofagasta and Lima but, for some reason, you can only book r/t tickets online. Whether you can get a o/w by phoning or calling in at one of their offices I don't know. From Tacna to Lima there are also flights.

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
10,279 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: San Pedro de Atacama, Chile to Lima, Peru

SKY will only sell return tickets on its international flights. I don't know anyone who has got around this, but you could ask.

manchester, uk
Level Contributor
34 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: San Pedro de Atacama, Chile to Lima, Peru

If you had a few days you could consider what i am currently planning. Bus from san pedro to Iquique, $100 LAN flight to La Paz, buses to titicaca and over the Peruvian border, then either internal flight to Lima from Juliaca or carry on via local bus or Inka Express to Cuzco/Macchu and then Lima.

5. Re: San Pedro de Atacama, Chile to Lima, Peru

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 May 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about San Pedro de Atacama