We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus ticket from Tangkou to Hangzhou on April 5

columbus
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Topic
Bus ticket from Tangkou to Hangzhou on April 5

Help please !

I am planning a trip to Huangshan at the first week of April, how difficult to get the bus ticket from Tangkou to Hangzhou on that Saturday of Chinese " QuingMing Day - April 5 " ?

Can I buy the ticket at Hangzhou West Station one week early?

Thank you very much.

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
289 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus ticket from Tangkou to Hangzhou on April 5

There are multiple departures from Tangkou to Hangzhou throughout the day, so there's really no need to buy ahead of time. I believe the last bus departure around 4pm, so schedule you descending accordingly if you are planning on leaving from the mountain top that day. If you stay overnight at the Tangkou hotel, then there's no issue whatsoever.

You can buy ticket when you arrive in Tangkou if that helps, but at very least know where to get on the bus, as that can be sometime confusing.

Edited: 10 February 2014, 02:46
columbus
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus ticket from Tangkou to Hangzhou on April 5

cxc-us, thank you very much for your advice.

Stay overnight at Tangkou is a good ideal, will buy the return bus ticket and get early cable cart - 8 am up to the mountain.

After reading many of the post here and I am still in the cloud and not sure where to start my trails, here is our plan :

1st night at Shilin hotel, if we get off at Yungu cableway around midmorning shall we go toward Beginning-to-believe peak through Mushroom pavilion and come back to see White Goose Ridge than to hotel to check in. Afternoon, may be explore a little bit of Xihai area and catch sunset ( where ? ) if our old knee doesn't give up on us. Is this doable ?

2nd night at Baiyun hotel, after sunrise at Lion Peak back to hotel check out than ????? , Please help me out here, there are so much to see here and don't know where to begin ?

If we take 4 pm bus from Tangkou back to Hangzhou, when should we be at Yupling Cable station ?

Please advice and thank you very much.

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
289 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus ticket from Tangkou to Hangzhou on April 5

I would recommend staying one hotel, instead of moving around, much easier to handle logistics, and honestly, walking on the mountain top area is not very strenuous as the area is relatively flat. We stayed in Bai Hai Hotel for three nights and found the location is more than adequate. So I would stay in either Bei Hai, Xi Hai, or Shi Lin for the entire duration.

For sunset near XiHai, Pai Yun Pavilion area would be good. If you have time and energy, do go down to Xi Hai Grand Canyon a bit, as the scenery is spectacular ( hike the entire canyon is highly recommended, if time and physical fitness permit ).

If you can manage to spend some time in Bei Hai area (say, half a day), Xi Hai area all the way to the entrance of the Grand Canyon, and then cover the Yu Ping area, you have seen the significant portions of the mountain.

From Lion Peak to Yu Ping is mostly downhill ( well except Hundred-Step Cloud Track), so it is doable. If the departure time is still 4pm, you will need to be at the bus depot 3:30. Cable car runs continuously, and guess it would take 15 minutes from Yu Ping Station down to the front entrance. There are taxis there if you are short on time, to get you to the Tang Kou.

Beijing
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus ticket from Tangkou to Hangzhou on April 5

If you want to buy tickets from Tangkou to Hangzhou, you must buy at least one day in advance or the tickets will be sold out.

columbus
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus ticket from Tangkou to Hangzhou on April 5

cxc-us,

Thank you very much for the detailed and much useful information.

columbus
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus ticket from Tangkou to Hangzhou on April 5

lijieleaf,

Thank you very much for your advice, yes, we will buy the bus tickets right after we get off at Tangkou.

7. Re: Bus ticket from Tangkou to Hangzhou on April 5

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 February 2015, 06:18