We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

7 days in dunhuang

Which Dunhuang hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
singapore
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Topic
7 days in dunhuang

Hi All. I have a holiday scheme which allows me to book 1 week accomodation in Dunhuang. I am wondering if 7 days are too long to spend in Dunhuang. if yes, what are the nearer places tha i can visit, apart from Dunhuang, with my base in Dunhuang. i plan to go in June 2014, flying in from Singapore.

Thanks in advance

Guangzhou, China
Destination Expert
for Guangzhou
Level Contributor
1,799 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 7 days in dunhuang

If you can read simplified Chinese, see this link: http://lvyou.baidu.com/dunhuang/

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
39,767 posts
815 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 7 days in dunhuang

Was there earlier this year. While it is nice, I couldn't see myself spending more than 2 days there.

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
8,758 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 7 days in dunhuang

2 full days is enough. A third day maybe if going out to the ancient Han Great Wall remains. Anything more is overkill. Dunhuang is in the middle of nowhere so it's not a hub base. Sounds like a crazy holiday scheme promotion to me. Can you split the 7 days between Dunhuang and somewhere else? Are there any other options for the 7 days besides Dunhuang?

singapore
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 7 days in dunhuang

oh wow... seems like i have made a mistake, but thanks everyone for replying. Probably we will spend some time in Xian i/o 7 full days in Dunhuang. Thanks !

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
8,758 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 7 days in dunhuang

Split between Dunhuang and Xi'an would be fine 2/5. Or if you have to pick only one place for all 7 nights, Xi'an's not a bad choice. Xi'an is a place that you CAN hub to make daytrips and return: Luoyang, Mount Huashan, Tianshui/Maijishan, Qinling mountains, and Xi'an itself can take up 3 days. Also can do a Pingyao overnighter, just double-paying a small amount for an inn in Pingyao.

6. Re: 7 days in dunhuang

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 April 2017, 18:18
Get answers to your questions about Dunhuang