We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cost of taxi from Guilin Airport to Yangshuo

Wappingers Falls, NY
Level Contributor
140 posts
Save Topic
Cost of taxi from Guilin Airport to Yangshuo

Does anyone know cost of taxi from Guilin airport to Yangshuo? We will be staying at Li River Retreat and arriving around 21:00. The hotel is quoting $35. Also, will it be a problem getting a taxi this late at night?

hong kong
Level Contributor
8,880 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cost of taxi from Guilin Airport to Yangshuo

I used the Li River Retreat taxi when I stayed there, and I think the cost is reasonable. The journey takes an hour, and there is no guarantee that a Guilin taxi driver would want to drive all the way to Yangshuo. He might want you to pay the return fare as well).

Coopersburg...
Destination Expert
for Allentown
Level Contributor
632 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cost of taxi from Guilin Airport to Yangshuo

That's about what we paid. We came in on that same flight from Shenzhen and had made arrangements through our place in Yangshuo. No tipping so $35 is $35, not plus a tip! :)

New York
Level Contributor
204 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cost of taxi from Guilin Airport to Yangshuo

Lilly Lu arranged a transfer for us from the Guilin Airport to the Li River Retreat. We paid 200 RMB for the two of us (we also engaged Lilly as our guide for this and all the other days we were in Yangshuo, so it might have been a special rate). These days 200 RMB is about $30 (it was $28 when we were there).

Have a great time in Yangshuo -- we loved it.

Linda

4. Re: Cost of taxi from Guilin Airport to Yangshuo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2009, 22:20