We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

great guide ...this is real!

san diego
Level Contributor
203 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
great guide ...this is real!

We were here fore 2 dys. DIY whole waY, & decided to use Juan for guide along yulong river,for biking & climb moon hill...Juan was fantastic! Withous her, we wd not have had so much fun & learned soooooo much. Highly recommend & if u nd more info, u can PM me. J I will verify. We r from san diego

1. Re: great guide ...this is real!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2010, 13:56
Petaling Jaya...
Level Contributor
18 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: great guide ...this is real!

There are few good guide in Yangshuo. My last trip November 2010 i use Amy Lin Feng. The itineraries all I custom made and she added few for me and overall is budget and happy holidays!!! I deal with her via email..if anyone interested , she can be contacted at linfengamy2004@yahoo.com.cn

Yangshuo County...
Level Contributor
298 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: great guide ...this is real!

yes ,i am agree.There are many good guides in Yangshuo.

YANGSHUO
Level Contributor
191 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: great guide ...this is real!

I do agree with the aboves that there are many English Speaking guide in Yangshuo. but only a few people who can do both driver and English speaking guide service....

Yangshuo
Level Contributor
321 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: great guide ...this is real!

Since the topic refer to "tour guide", I'd like to share my own thoughts and idea, It seems like a sensitive topic to discuss here, Although TA oppose any kind of touting here. But meanwhile, it's also a concerned as well important topic by the new travelers here.

Suppose I am traveller and going to plan my first trip to my interested destination. before I reached there and stuck into the local. Everything is new and strange to me. Although I also care about the recommendations which suggested by other users on TA. But I never follow other's steps. Maybe something is suitable for others but may be not suit for me. Because every individual traveler's interest and experience is different. So I prefer to find the truth by my own effort.

For example,I expected to plan a trip to Thailand in the near future, I found there are some top recommended places and things for sightseeing, Such as Ayutthaya, Floating Market, Royal grand palace, Elephant ride and bath, and so on. Except watch the introduction of these sights through GOOGLE carefully, I'd also like to search for the related photos via Flickr and see the video by YouTube before I added them into itinerary. As to the tour guides, I especially care about it. Because A good tour guide will give me a smooth and memorable trip. Of course, It can also save me lots of money. Meanwhile, A bad tour guide means a nightmare.

I found there are a few outstanding tour guides in Thailand were highly recommended in TA and other forums. But Before I met the tour guide and get in touch with the tour guide face to face. All of the tour guides are strange to me no matter she/he had a very good recommendation or not before. Seeing is believing! I'd like to contact a couple of outstanding tour guides via email firstly. I will have my own choice to judge who is the best one through they replied email. I do believe that all things become better because of competition. I won't only give my choice to the "Best tour guide" who recommended by others. There is not a best tour guide but must be a most suitable tour guide available for myself. So maybe I won't use Tong to be my private tour guide but wanna to use Teya Tan to be my private tour guide if I plan a trip to Thailand next time.

6. Re: great guide ...this is real!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 June 2011, 07:19