We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yangshuo in Winter

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
21 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Yangshuo in Winter

Hello everyone!

I am currently planning a trip to China in December, and was planning on visiting Beijing - Shanghai - Zhangjiajie and Yangshuo/Guilin. I am a little concerned that Yangshuo may not be best to see at this time of year though.. has anyone been to the area in December? Is it too miserable and cold at that time, or will it still be enjoyable?

Many thanks for your help!

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
42,048 posts
826 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Yangshuo in Winter

The scenery is still quite nice and it will be cold although not as cold as the other places that you are visiting.just make sure that where you stay has adequate heating.

Miami Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Shanghai Region
Level Contributor
6,532 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Yangshuo in Winter

I suggest you seriously consider dropping Zhangjiajie and Guilin and instead going to Yunnan to see Dali, Lijiang and surrounding villages.

Zhangjiajie is just as cold as Beijing, below freezing most days. Guilin is just about like Shanghai, maybe a couple of degrees warmer on average, but still quite cool, much colder on average than Sydney gets. Considering all these places are strictly outdoor venues for tourists, you are leaving your Australian late spring/summer to be plunged an early winter, colder than yours.

Lijiang, although cool at night, is a perfect climate for daytime touring. Dali is much like Guilin, but remember water rafting and boating are major components of Yangshuo. I would not do those at 10-15C. I would rather be walking on the mountain ridges and exploring the villages around Dali.

You are doing this in 14 days or more? Any lesser time is too short to see the major highlights and allowing time for internal transport.

Yangshuo County...
Level Contributor
293 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Yangshuo in Winter

in December ,zhangjiajie is colder than guilin and yangshuo.you'd better go to south china,such as Yunnan kunming or Hainan sanya.

4. Re: Yangshuo in Winter

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2012, 21:16