We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way to go to Hong Kong from Yangshuo

Cary, NC
Level Contributor
252 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Best way to go to Hong Kong from Yangshuo

We are planning to spend 3 nights in Yangshuo then go to Hong Kong. I know I have 4 options:

1.Overnight bus from Yangshuo to Shenzhen then cross the border to HK

2.Train from Guilin to Shenzhen

3.Fly from Guilin to Hong Kong

4.Fly from Guilin to Shenzhen

I prefer option 4 but flight from Guilin leave at 8AM and I have to take a Taxi from Yangshuo at 5AM or spend a night at Guilin near airport.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Our travel is in May 2012.

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
40,372 posts
821 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way to go to Hong Kong from Yangshuo

Also check flying to Guangzhou then taking the train to HK. There are more flights to Guangzhou than to Shenzhen and it is rather close to HK.

The "best" option is just to fly to HK.

Vancouver, B.C.
Level Contributor
1,916 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best way to go to Hong Kong from Yangshuo

I did option 4 last month. I'm assuming it's the same flight with China Southern Airline. We left Yangshuo at 5AM and barely made it to the airport in time due to traffic at the toll booth near the airport. Our driver said it was rare that there was so much truck traffic in the morning. If you want to be safe then maybe stay in Guilin the night before the flight.

3. Re: Best way to go to Hong Kong from Yangshuo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 January 2013, 10:20