We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amy was our guide in Yangshuo

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Amy was our guide in Yangshuo

I just want to thank all the TA people that suggested Amy as a guide. I took your advice & she made our trip so incredibly amazing!!!!

Amy & her driver picked us up at the airport & our adventure began! We drove through Guilin into the countryside to Yangdi where we got on a motorboat on the Li River for an amazing 1 1/2 hour trip through some of the most stunning scenery imaginable. We stopped at Xingping where we had a delicious noodle & veggie lunch. We continued on by car through two other very old, very quant towns (Fuling, that makes the hand painted fans- Amy helped negotiate great prices). Throughout the day Amy was telling us the history of what we were seeing.

The next day was our favorite- we started out on bikes through the back roads, on trails, past fields with working water buffalo, between rice paddies, & all the time surrounded by the breathtaking karst hills. We took a bamboo raft ride down the Yulong River, then Amy met us with our bikes & we were biking through the villages & countryside again. Amy knows all the best places to ride - you want to stop every 10 feet to take a photo!!

On our last day Amy took us to the locals market- this is not a place that tourists often see. This is a place of business for the locals. It's fascinating! We also saw a few more villages & some ancient bridges (don't miss these, so beautiful).

Amy was a perfect guide. Her English is great & she obviously loves Yangshuo. Most importantly, she finds your interests & custom makes your itinerary. She became a true friend to us in a short amount of time. I highly, highly recommend Amy as a guide.

Jack's Private Tours
Cultural Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Photography Tours, Day Trips
Yangshuo Private Tour Guide Fun Sam
Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Hiking & Camping Tours
Daniel Ye Private Tours
Boat Tours, Private Tours, Photography Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Bike Tours
Guilin, China
10 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Amy was our guide in Yangshuo

Hi Victoria

I just saw your message here. thank you very much . It is a pleasure to help you..hope everything is well with you .

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
42,836 posts
826 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Amy was our guide in Yangshuo

Guide reviews without contact info and rates aren't so useful.

1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Amy was our guide in Yangshuo

I have just read your post about your guide Amy, do you think she will be to tailor a trip for a family with young kids? If so, I would appreciate if you could pass on her contact details. Thanks a lot

4. Re: Amy was our guide in Yangshuo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 June 2014, 07:17