We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Li River Cruise

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
134 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Li River Cruise

I am planning to take the boat cruise from Guilin to Yangshuo and was wondering which would be the best boat to take. Would appreciate some information on the best cruise operator as I am unable to find detailed information on the type of cruise boat and its operator.

Thanks!

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
42,048 posts
826 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Li River Cruise

The "cruise" is not so good. Better get to Yangshuo directly from the airport or if you must visit Guilin then take a taxi. You are better on a bamboo raft on the Yulong river. Check videos on YouTube and you'll understand why.

Beijing, China
Destination Expert
for Guilin, Xi'an, Tibet
Level Contributor
4,930 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Li River Cruise

Only two kinds of boats, one for domestic people, one for overseas tourists. I think you don't have wide choice.

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Li River Cruise

I have done this cruise 6 times,yes 6 times.

The last time in June 2013. I always spend a few days in Yangshuo afterwards.

I go on the Tourist boat to Yangshuo which takes you right to Yangshuo.

The boats for locals stop a little outside/upstream so you have to walk to Yangshuo centre.

I've had no problem with the Tourist boats,in fact I recomend them.

You get a good view of The Karst scenery,Lunch is included in the fare.

Don't forget to look behind you on the boat,for spectacular views, as well as those in front of you.

Guilin, China
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Li River Cruise

It seems all the Cruises are ran by the same Cruise company and there is no big difference between their boats. Their service and facility are almost the same. The lunch included in the Cruise is not so good, you may have a big breakfast if you want to try the Li river cruise.

5. Re: Li River Cruise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 July 2014, 05:17