We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jack's Private Tours, should be "Jack

Southern California
Level Contributor
16 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Jack's Private Tours, should be "Jack

My husband, I and our two good friends, all in our early 60's, just returned from Yangshuo. While we were there we booked two days with Jack Zhou, from Jack's Private Tours. We had wanted to go to the rice terraces and minority villages and go to the less touristy area of Tiantou village. We wanted to stay overnight to see the sunrise the next morning. Then we wanted to be taken back to the start of the bamboo raft Li River cruise and picked up where it ends and taken to our hotel in Yangshuo. I had emailed several guides in anticipation of our upcoming trip to the Guilin area. I have planned a LOT of trips, and I can seriously say, that Jack is hands down the best communicator, regardless of English as a second language, through email that I have ever experienced! He was incredibly prompt (I don't know when he finds the time while is guiding everybody). He has a way of being very direct, breaking down your exact questions and answering each and every part of your question. He is very clear. He gives you clear and precise options. I had a general idea of what I wanted to do in the area. Jack listened to my itinerary, and made a few suggestions to enhance it. At first when he quoted me a fee (which was also broken down precisely) for the two days we would spend with him, I thought it was a bit high. Then I reviewed the costs as they were broken down, I realized that many of the things I would be paying him for, I would have had to pay it myself anyway, ie: car rental, driver, gas, accommodations for the night, entrance fee to the rice terraces, and the fee for the Li River Cruise. Once I realized this, I realized that the fee was really quite reasonable. He carried through on every aspect of the plan we had set. He even had an alternate plan in case of rain .. which thank goodness we didn't need.

Jack was so fun. We really enjoyed him. He is a great photographer. We are not profesional or even ameratur photographers, but it was very nice having his input about taking a great shot form here or there. I would hire Jack again in a heart beat. He and his driver were both great! You can't go wrong with Jack! http://www.yangshuoprivatetours.com/ emial= 13471399655@163.com

Edited: 17 May 2014, 04:28
Mentioned in this post
Yangshuo County
Yangshuo County
Guangxi, China
Jack's Private Tours
Jack's Private Tours
269 Reviews
Yangshuo County, China
Li River
Li River
655 Reviews
Guangxi, China
Guilin
Guilin
Guangxi, China
Jack's Private Tours
Cultural Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Photography Tours, Day Trips
Yangshuo Private One-day Tour Guide Shandy
Cultural Tours, Private Tours, Other Outdoor Activities, Photography Tours
Bravo Asia Tours
Boat Tours, Bike Tours, Eco Tours, Hiking & Camping Tours, Private Tours
1. Re: Jack's Private Tours, should be "Jack

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 May 2015, 07:16