We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My enjoyable 2N/3D in Chengde

Which Chengde hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
125 posts
243 reviews
Save Topic
My enjoyable 2N/3D in Chengde

I just want to give a review of my enjoyable trip to Chengde. It was good that we decided to stay 2 nights and we found the whole trip to be well paced for the sights e visited. 3 of us rented a car/driver for RMB3,000 (toll included, no overtime charges) for the whole trip from Beijing including stop at JinShanling. We set off from Beijing at 7.30 pm and headed for JinShanling. I will write a review on JinShanling seperately. We stopped for a 2.5 hour climb including cable ride - thoroughly enjoyable and not easy climb. We had a quick lunch of sandwiches in the car before the climb to boost energy. After that, it took another hour to reach Chengde wherever checked into Imperial Mountain Resort Yurt Hotel - I can't find a review on this hotel km TripAdviser and may start one. I would recommend this hotel - really comfortable and good location and lots of character. After a rest, we went to the Twin Pagodas Mountains(review of this spot will be written seperately) - really worthwhile visit. We then ate dinner at a local restaurant and returned to the hotel. The next day was spent mainly visiting the Imperial Summer Palace and main temples. (Reviews will be done separately). Our hotel has access to the Imperial gardens, so we toke a long walk with photo stops and packed sandwiches and had lunch by the lake before entering the Palace. We had time to visit local mall and supermarkets before returning to hotel for a Mongolian dinner and a Massage. The next day we went to the Sledge Hammer Mountain (review will be done separately). Loved the cable ride up. We checked out if the hotel before 12 noon and went to another hotel for lunch before returning to Beijing. Reached Beijing before 5 pm.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
125 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: My enjoyable 2N/3D in Chengde

Typo error - we set off from Beijing at 7.30 am - not 7.30 pm.

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
5,000 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: My enjoyable 2N/3D in Chengde

Thank you for posting this concise account. I think it will really help other Beijing visitors to decide whether or not they would like to take this side-trip, time-permitting. I would strongly advise a two-night stay myself (I think I had 3 or 4 nights when I went) and suggest that just an overnight stay is far too rushed to make it worthwhile.

South Windsor...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: My enjoyable 2N/3D in Chengde

Mosto - how did you book Imperial Mountain Resort Yurt Hotel ? I tried random dates, and couldn't find any availability.

Thanks.

Edited: 30 April 2014, 19:40
Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
125 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: My enjoyable 2N/3D in Chengde

Same thing here. I was unable to book on web- site. You can book via local travel agents but have to pay in advance. I got a friend of a friend (local) to call the hotel and book for us. No prepaid charges. Just pay when we leave.

5. Re: My enjoyable 2N/3D in Chengde

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 January 2017, 23:17