We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Expats in Luoyang?

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
12 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Expats in Luoyang?

Wondering if there are any expats living and working in Luoyang!

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
2,237 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Expats in Luoyang?

Chances are very high that you find expats in any bigger city in China.

Chesterfield
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Expats in Luoyang?

theres quite a few of us if you look in the right places, but there are far more in bigger cities, as laowai88 says.

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
12 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Expats in Luoyang?

well there are obviously more in bigger cities like Shanghai, but looking for expats in Luoyang specifically. There doesn't seem to be too many around.

Chesterfield
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Expats in Luoyang?

Little bar is the usual place for foreigners here, although if you dont want to drink, it is almost impossible to find non Chinese anywhere else. Are you in LY?

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
12 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Expats in Luoyang?

Yes, in LYA! Where in Little Bar? It would be nice to find some other Westerners here.

Beijing, China
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Expats in Luoyang?

Little Bar is in Mudan Square. It is the one place in town where you can regularly find expats and they're generally pretty inviting since there are so few of us here. Hit it on a Friday or Saturday and you should find a group there. If nobody introduces themselves to you, introduce yourself and tell them you're looking to meet people. You'll be welcomed in to whatever ridiculousness they're up to.

Beijing, China
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Expats in Luoyang?

The expats are usually upstairs at the roof bar. There is a downstairs bar, but ask them to help you find the upstairs. There's a lot of construction around the entrance right now and it could be difficult to find.

Luoyang, China
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Expats in Luoyang?

Yes there's a few of us here!

Like others have commented Mudan square is a good place to start.

I hope you are enjoying your time here.

It's been 4 years for me and I love it!

9. Re: Expats in Luoyang?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 14 June 2015, 02:16
Luoyang, China
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Expats in Luoyang?

Is little bar still the place to be? I just moved to town and haven't found a hangout spot yet.