We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Xian and Zhangjiajie....how to get from one to the other.

Whistler, Canada
1 post
Save Topic
Xian and Zhangjiajie....how to get from one to the other.

We are visiting China next week and were hoping to visit both Xian and Zhangjiajie while there. We are starting in Beijing then will be at Secret Garden Resort for two days. After which we planned to go to Zhangjiajie and Xian from there. It seems that Xian adn Zhanjiajie are not close and not easily connected other than by train. Please advise if you have any comments or suggestions. Thanks

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
42,048 posts
826 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Xian and Zhangjiajie....how to get from one to the other.

I have no idea where this resort is but you can go from Beijing to Xi'An by train or plane. Zhangjiajie has fewer options. Check flights on ctrip.com and trains on cnvol.com.

That would be a lot for one week. Your itinerary (sequence) is unclear.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,426 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Xian and Zhangjiajie....how to get from one to the other.

Hi my neighbour,

Yes, it is not close and no direct flight for Xian- Zhanjiajie.

I won’t suggest by coach because of safety reason.

Most likely, by connected train on Xian- Zhengzhou- Zhanjiajie is an acceptable choice.

Xian- Zhengzhou by G-train

1. #G2008: leaves at Xian Bei (North) at 14:18 and arriving at 16:42 or

2. #G662: leaves at Xian Bei (North) at 14:40 and arriving at 16:55.

Zhengzhou- Zhanjiajie

1. #K1211: leaves at Zhengzhou at 17:35 and arriving at 08:37 or

2. #K967/966: leaves at Zhengzhou at 17:42 and arriving at 09:00.

I prefer Xian- Zhengzhou(#G2008)- Zhanjiajie(#K1211) because;

1. By #G2008 won’t confuse the Zhengzhou railway station while #G662 terminates at Zhenzhou and Zhengzhou Dong (East).

2. If the train on schedule, there is 50min connected time.

3. #K1211 initiates at Zhengzhou.

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
9,933 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Xian and Zhangjiajie....how to get from one to the other.

Not a quick and easy connection. I think you should listen to chinaloveland, these are the best selections for time- and cost-effectiveness. You should try to buy these train tickets as soon as you get to Beijing--sellouts could be a problem, particularly on the sleepers.

4. Re: Xian and Zhangjiajie....how to get from one to the other.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2015, 17:15