We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gardendale Area Help

WI
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Gardendale Area Help

Coming to the Bham/Gardendale area this coming week. Can anyone tell me how far it is from that area to like the science center, the Gallaria, Sloss.

Also looking for a good local pizza place in the area also.

Thanks so much!

Birmingham, AL
Level Contributor
1,112 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gardendale Area Help

Are you staying with someone in Gardendale? Hotel?

This depends on the time of day and traffic. Generally, though, to McWane SC, CRI, Sloss, (these are all downtown) it is about 25 minutes. About 12-15 miles).

To the Galleria & area (shopping) it is further...about 25 miles (40 minutes?) by interstate.

I'll let someone else take the pizza question. I have been here a long time, and i can't think of any pizza I LOVE in either of those areas.

Welcome to Alabama. Let us know if you have other questions.

Miller

Mentioned in this post
Alabama
Alabama
United States
Birmingham, Alabama
Destination Expert
for Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
1,890 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gardendale Area Help

I live in the Gardendale area. The time estimates in the previous posts are accurate.

For pizza in Gardendale, Pasquale's is my choice. The place is a bit of a dive, but the food is great. If you want to try something in Birmningham, click on this link - tripadvisor.com/Restaurants-g30375-Birmingha…

On the Filter Restaurants By menu, select Pizza. You will find several local places like Cosmo's, Tortuga's and Davenports. I have not tried any of those personally, but have heard good things. Salvatore's is one on the list that I have had and like. I prefer their Stromboli and Calzones to their pizza, though.

Hope you have a great visit to our area.

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
134 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gardendale Area Help

For pizza, I can recommend Cosmos (5 Points South) and

Tortugas (one near the Galleria http://www.tortugaspizza.com/index.html ).

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
2,620 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gardendale Area Help

I have friends who drive to gardendale for Pasquales pizza!!

5. Re: Gardendale Area Help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2009, 11:20