We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tannehill state park

Demopolis, Alabama
Level Contributor
131 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
tannehill state park

is anyone famalier with this park,we are coming 9/18 and 9/19.trade days are this weekend and what would be a clean,safe place to stay i see that the state park has cabins but the website doesnt list them anywhere

Birmingham, Alabama
Destination Expert
for Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
1,890 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: tannehill state park

Not sure about cabins in the park. My in-laws go there often with their travel trailer and use the campground.

Probably the closest decent option would be in Bessemer at the Academy Drive exit off of I-59. I just checked Expedia, and they show availability for Friday night for a Comfort Inn, Country Inn and Suites and Best Western Hotel and Suites. These are all at that exit. I have no experience with any of these, but they would be convenient to Tannehill.

Birmingham, AL
Level Contributor
1,112 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: tannehill state park

http://www.tannehill.org/tspfees.html

Which website dod you look? This does not have pictures, but does have info. I would call quickly; since it is trade days, they may be booked.

If not, good suggestions for Academy Drive...I think that is exit 108.

OR...at Exit 1 ( I-459, a little closer to Tannehill) is a LOT of new stuff. I am not even sure if there have been any hotels built there yet.

Have fun,

Miller

Alabama
Level Contributor
1,940 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: tannehill state park

Louisianamtnlvr - I responded to you via PM. What ever you decide, please make arrangements soon as there is a home game in Tuscaloosa this weekend I know that hotels from Tuscaloosa to B'ham sometimes book up for home games.

There are no hotels at exit 1 on I-459.....yet.

Mentioned in this post
Demopolis, Alabama
Level Contributor
131 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: tannehill state park

thanks everyone i will try to book something now

debbie

Demopolis, Alabama
Level Contributor
131 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: tannehill state park

ok i booked the jameson inn at academy dr bessemer for 79.00 per night ,are there any good places to eat nearby

thanks

Alabama
Level Contributor
1,940 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: tannehill state park

At that exit there is a Ruby Tuesday, Applebys, Cracker Barrell and a few fast food restaurants. A couple of exits toward B'ham is 18th & 19th Street. You could take that and go downtown to The Bright Star. It is GREAT! One of my favorite restaurants. http://www.thebrightstar.com/

At exit 1 on I459 there is a Chic-fil-a, McAlister's Deli, Zaxby's and a few other fast food and Mexican restaurants.

Enjoy your trip.

7. Re: tannehill state park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 March 2010, 06:17