We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need hotel that's clean safe and convenient to fairgrounds

Which Birmingham hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta, GA
9 posts
Save Topic
Need hotel that's clean safe and convenient to fairgrounds

We need clean, safe hotel for 1 night, near sit down restaurants while being convenient to the State Fairgrounds.

Suggestions?

Millbrook, Alabama
Destination Expert
for Birmingham
Level Contributor
1,722 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need hotel that's clean safe and convenient to fairgrounds

Your best option that meets all of your criteria would be something off of Lakeshore Parkway. It is about a 20-30 minute drive to the fairgrounds, but there is literally nothing close to the fairgrounds. There are several hotels that you can find at the Lakeshore exit using Expedia or Travelocity to compare easily. They will have an address on State Farm Parkway (which runs parallel to Lakeshore part of the time and I-65 part of the time). Some of the places there are Hampton Inn, Hilton Garden Inn, LaQuinta, Marriott Residence Inn and several others. There are also numerous restaurants to choose from in the area.

Birmingham, AL
Level Contributor
1,029 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need hotel that's clean safe and convenient to fairgrounds

If you look at exit #108 of I-59 ( Academy Drive) there are a couple newer properties that are clean and safe. Probably not quite as many as Lakesore, but plenty of choices and a lot closer.

There is a thread on the Birmingham forum from a few weeks ago that discusses hotels near Tannehill. If you search that, the hotels in that thread are the same.

Probably a 10 -15 minute drive to fairgrounds.

Miller

Millbrook, Alabama
Destination Expert
for Birmingham
Level Contributor
1,722 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need hotel that's clean safe and convenient to fairgrounds

Actually, drive time will be about the same from either location. Lakeshore has more options and could even be a few minutes quicker depending on traffic and time of day.

Alabama
Level Contributor
1,893 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need hotel that's clean safe and convenient to fairgrounds

I'm just curious as to what's going on at the fair grounds. For some reason, I thought that whole place was torn up and being upgraded.

5. Re: Need hotel that's clean safe and convenient to fairgrounds

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 April 2010, 05:17