We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Motel near Birmingham, Alabama

NJ
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Motel near Birmingham, Alabama

Can anyone give me advice on a CLEAN, inexpensive motel to stay in for one night on a drive from New Jersey to New Orleans. We'll be arriving late Saturday nig (What's ever convenient for a quick in and out on our trip.) Hopefully this question makes sense....we've never ventured in this particular direction and I have no idea what we'll be encountering. Thanks.

Birmingham, Alabama
Destination Expert
for Birmingham
Level Contributor
1,797 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Motel near Birmingham, Alabama

If you will be coming through on I-65 South, I would recommend staying in Fultondale at exit #267. There is a nice LaQuinta Inn & Suites that just opened within the last year. I have seen some good rates (like $59-69 per night) there when looking for other people. There are also other options at this exit - Hampton Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Fairfield Inn and Comfort Suites.

If you will be coming through on I-59 South, I would recommend stopping in Trussville at exit #141. There is a Holiday Inn and Jameson Inn at that exit. Maybe another, but not sure.

If you will be coming in on I-20 West, I would recommend staying in Leeds. At exit #144, there are a couple of places there - Best Western and Comfort Inn.

All of these options are safe areas with lots of food and shopping close by. Let us know if you need anything further.

NJ
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Motel near Birmingham, Alabama

Thanks dbh2!!! I'm doing my Trussville research right now.......That's looks like the way we'd be best going.

3. Re: Motel near Birmingham, Alabama

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 August 2010, 07:18
Get answers to your questions about Birmingham