We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

All-you-can-eats in Birmingham

Which Birmingham hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
148 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
All-you-can-eats in Birmingham

I'm heading to Birmingham for the first time this month and I was interested in any local buffets? Besides the typical China buffet, is there any other buffets that I should go to? I'm looking for something local to Birmingham or the South.

Thanks.

Millbrook, Alabama
Destination Expert
for Birmingham
Level Contributor
1,714 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: All-you-can-eats in Birmingham

Only places I know of that are not Chinese are Golden Corral and Ryan's. Some places will have wing nights or something special, but not necessarily all you can eat all the time.

Birmingham, AL
Level Contributor
1,023 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: All-you-can-eats in Birmingham

where are you staying? i cant think of a 'buffet' that is local/southern favorite either, but, depending on where yo are, we have some excellent "meat& three"/"comfort food" type places that do have homemade authentic food AND large servings, etc.

Miller

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
148 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: All-you-can-eats in Birmingham

Ill be staying out at the Hyatt Place Hoover by the Riverchase Galleria. Is there anything in that area you could recommend?

Millbrook, Alabama
Destination Expert
for Birmingham
Level Contributor
1,714 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: All-you-can-eats in Birmingham

For some good southern food, you are not too far from the Bright Star in Bessemer. They were recently recognized by the James Beard Foundation this year with some type of award. Other than that, most places are chain restaurants in that area. The Fish Market is close. It is a local chain with Greek style seafood. For some great local BBQ, Full Moon is not far away. Even closer is Moe's Original BBQ - although I like Full Moon a little more.

Will you be venturing out to other areas of Birmingham during your visit? We might be able to recommend other places. For example, on the eastern side of town in Irondale is the Irondale Cafe which was Fannie Flagg's inspiration for the book and movie Fried Green Tomatoes.

Gardendale, Alabama
Destination Expert
for Birmingham
Level Contributor
1,193 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: All-you-can-eats in Birmingham

Dales Southern Grill has really good southern food as well. There is a location not too far from where you are staying.

http://www.dalessoutherngrills.com/

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
148 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: All-you-can-eats in Birmingham

Thank you all for your help. I attempted to go to dales southern grill but I think my gps failed me as i couldnt find it. However I was able to make it to irondale from Hoover on the way to airport. It was great authentic southern food and atmosohare. Too bad I had to take it to go!

7. Re: All-you-can-eats in Birmingham

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2012, 15:19