We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant suggestions near BJCC

New Orleans
Level Contributor
217 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant suggestions near BJCC

Hubby and I will be in Birmingham next Saturday for one night and staying at the Sheraton at the BJCC. I'd like to get restaurant recommendations.

Lunch doesn't have to be close to BJCC since we have a car. We would love a local place for lunch (no chains). Southern comfort food would be good.

For dinner - I'd like to stay in the general area of BJCC because we have tickets to a show. Something nice but not TOO fancy. (we're fairly casual people) American cuisine or Italian or whatever else you guys recommend is fine.

Pretty much anything but seafood because it's been my experience that seafood anywhere outside of our home town simply doesn't compare!!! :-)

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
564 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant suggestions near BJCC

There's not a lot of dining immediately around the BJCC, but I can think of four great options - Bottega, Chez Fonfon, Bettola and Sol Y Luna - within 2 or 3 miles. Cafe Dupont is another good one and even closer (less than a mile). Any of them would be appropriate for dinner before a show. For a splurge, I'd suggest Hot and Hot Fish Club or Highlands Bar & Grill, but those may be more upscale than you want.

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
564 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant suggestions near BJCC

Oh, and for lunch - hard to beat Bright Star in Bessemer for Southern cooking.

3. Re: Restaurant suggestions near BJCC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2012, 17:16
Get answers to your questions about Birmingham