We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Atlanta to Birmingham

New Bern, North...
Level Contributor
34 posts
440 reviews
Save Topic
Atlanta to Birmingham

I will be traveling from Atlanta to Birmingham for New Years.

Any suggestions on sights to see along the way?

11. Re: Atlanta to Birmingham

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 November 2011, 01:56
Marietta, Georgia
Level Contributor
147 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Atlanta to Birmingham

I agree with those who recommend the Alabama Theatre for an event if there is something there you want to see. I've been there a number of times while visiting in Birmingham and it's a special place. Third Avenue North. www.alabamatheatre.com

On the opposite side of the block where the theatre is located is the science and technology museum, particularly interesting if you have children. I've been there as well and it is interactive and certainly educational. I can't remember the name of the museum. I'm sure someone here will be able to tell you.

Birmingham, Alabama
Destination Expert
for Birmingham
Level Contributor
1,800 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Atlanta to Birmingham

The science museum is the McWane Center. They have an IMAX theater in addition to the interactive museum.

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
227 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Atlanta to Birmingham

If you like sports history, may I recommend Rickwood Field? It's the oldest professional baseball park still in use. Ty Cobb, Josh Gibson, Willie Mays, and Babe Ruth all played there. It used to be home to the Birmingham Barons as well as our former Negro League team...the Black Barons.

usa
4 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Atlanta to Birmingham

Originally called the East and West Railroad of Alabama, the Atlanta and Birmingham Air Line Railway was formed when the Seaboard Air Line Railroad

16. Re: Atlanta to Birmingham

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 December 2012, 10:17
Get answers to your questions about Birmingham