We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best BBQ Around 20th and 8th. Thanks...........

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Best BBQ Around 20th and 8th. Thanks...........

I will be at The Doubletree on 20th and 8th I think. What's some great BBQ or sould food in the area. Thanks.

Chez FON FON
££ - £££, French
El Barrio
££ - £££, Mexican, Southwestern, Latin
Birmingham, Alabama
Destination Expert
for Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
1,890 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best BBQ Around 20th and 8th. Thanks...........

It's only open Mon-Fri until 5:30, but my first choice would be the original location of Full Moon BBQ at 525 25th St. South. Small place, great food! After that, Dreamland is not far away on Southside near UAB (1427 14th Avenue South) and then Jim 'n Nicks at Five Points South (1908 11th Ave. South). For soul food during the day (not the best area after dark), Green Acres at 1705 4th Avenue North is well known for their fried green tomatoes and wings.

Athens, Alabama
Level Contributor
4,063 posts
423 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best BBQ Around 20th and 8th. Thanks...........

I second Full Moon BBQ.

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
577 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best BBQ Around 20th and 8th. Thanks...........

I'm a Jim 'N Nick's girl, but I don't think you can go wrong with either that or Full Moon.

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
227 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best BBQ Around 20th and 8th. Thanks...........

Don't recommend Dreamland. The Southside location can be hit or miss. try Jim n Nicks. It's consistently good.

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best BBQ Around 20th and 8th. Thanks...........

Thanks for all the very kind replies. We went to Saw's with a group that wanted to go there. It was fine. Good luck and thanks again.

6. Re: Best BBQ Around 20th and 8th. Thanks...........

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 March 2013, 09:27