We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drury Inn on State Farm Parkway - Safe Area?

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
65 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Drury Inn on State Farm Parkway - Safe Area?

I am looking for pet-friendly accomodations for one night, and think I have found a place...the Drury Inn and Suites SW on State Farm Parkway. But when I did a search of the forums, I see some comments like "l'd avoid that State Farm Pkwy exit ( 255)...it can be...rough at night."

The comments aren't necessarily recent...but have things improved or should I look elsewhere? I was lookin for something along I-65 because 3 families will be meeting up (from Mobile, TN and TX). Thinking we'll go out to eat, swim and go to the zoo or shopping. Would like to be in a decent, safe area. TIA for your help.

Mentioned in this post
Mobile
Mobile
Alabama
Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
577 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Drury Inn on State Farm Parkway - Safe Area?

That's not the nicest part of town, but I wouldn't call it rough, exactly. ("Rough," in my mind, is more like the airport area.) With common sense you would be fine. An alternative is the Residence Inn in Hoover, although that puts you farther from the zoo. Check and see if there are any hotels along Highway 280, which would be convenient to the zoo as well as the Summit shopping area.

Mentioned in this post
Hoover
Hoover
Alabama
The Summit
The Summit
40 Reviews
Birmingham, AL
Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
65 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Drury Inn on State Farm Parkway - Safe Area?

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions about Highway 280. I think we consider 'rough' as the same thing.

The Drury doesn't have a fee for pets while the Residence Inn has a $100 fee. That was my first choice until I heard that someone in my party was bringing their dog. I may call the hotel directly and speak to them. Perhaps that's the maximum fee. Thanks!

Birmingham, Alabama
Destination Expert
for Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
1,892 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Drury Inn on State Farm Parkway - Safe Area?

That area would be OK, but if you want to stay at a Drury Inn, check out the one on Hwy 280 https:/…

It is a much nicer area with lots of options for shopping and food. It is a little further out of the way for everyone, except probably the ones from Mobile, but it would be worth it. It is actually a little more convenient for the zoo than the other one.

Mentioned in this post
Mobile
Mobile
Alabama
4. Re: Drury Inn on State Farm Parkway - Safe Area?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 August 2014, 07:18