We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to go for Sunday Brunch

WISCONSIN
Level Contributor
6 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Where to go for Sunday Brunch

We will be staying at the Embassy Suites by the Birmingham Zoo and would like to go to an awesome Sunday Brunch. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where we could go that would be close to this area as we want to go to the zoo after brunch.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
82 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to go for Sunday Brunch

I'm not sure i can help you with something close to where you are staying. There are excellent places that serve brunch but they may be a few miles driving for you. ie, the Wynfrey hotel in Hoover. There is an outstanding breakfast place at Five Points South called the Original Pankcake house. Probably 5 minutes from there to the zoo. . Some of the best breakfasts we've ever had.

Birmingham Alabama
Level Contributor
8 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to go for Sunday Brunch

I live very near the area where you will be staying and I have to agree that if you want a big Sunday Brunch you will have to drive out to the Wynfrey or maybe one of the hotels, like the Sheraton on 280. I'm not sure if the Sheraton has a brunch but I have been to the Wynfrey Sunday brunch and it is very nice. There is a cute little place very close to the zoo called Chez Lulu that I think still serves Sunday Brunch and is next to a bakery owned by the same woman called Continental Bakery. It is not the big Sunday brunch that you are probably looking for and really probably not a place to take a family for brunch.There is also a place downtown Homewood called the Anchorage that is open for breakfast but it is your typical diner type menu. I hope that you enjoy your stay in Birmingham/Homewood/Mt Brook. The Birmingham Botanical Gardens are across the street from the zoo and, depending on when you are coming and if we get any rain, might be a nice place to visit too. It's free so you can always just check it out. Have a nice time!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
82 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to go for Sunday Brunch

I forgot about Lulu's in English Village. they open at 10:00AM on sunday's. not your eggs and bacon kind of place. its a small neighborhood bistro. A touch of France. Great breads in the attached bakery. Only has a few tables, also have tables outside, charming area

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
82 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to go for Sunday Brunch

The Marriott on hwy 280 also has a classic hotel sunday buffett. its about ten minutes south of the zoo.

Birmingham Alabama
Level Contributor
8 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to go for Sunday Brunch

Oops I meant to say the Marriott instead of the Sheraton. I think there is a Sheraton too and we went to Sunday brunch there several years ago. It was nice then but I think the Marriott would definitely be a better bet.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
82 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to go for Sunday Brunch

There WAS a Sheridan Hotel on 280 in the Colonade shopping center just south of I-459. Its been remodeled and renamed. Not sure which name its using now but its only two minutes from the Marriott. I think you've been told of the most known choices.

Check with the front desk at your hotel, they may be have other ideas for you.

Birmingham
Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to go for Sunday Brunch

Savannah Cafe! Written up in the New York Times, it is great. Small, a tad pricey, but wonderful.

Alabama
Level Contributor
1,925 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to go for Sunday Brunch

I always enjoy Sunday brunch at the Village Tavern at the Summit Shopping center straight down HWY 280 from where you will be staying.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
82 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to go for Sunday Brunch

I think you are referring to Little Savannah Restaurant on Clairmont Avenue in Birmingham, AL A small wonderful bistro in an older, upscale part of the city.. They now do brunch on Sunday and you should try them.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
82 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where to go for Sunday Brunch

Another excellent choice would be Veranda on Highland Avenue. set in an old mansion. Great Sunday brunch. Great dining anytime. Its a block from Bottega Restaurant