We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

earth quake in Aug 2017

6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
earth quake in Aug 2017

hey guys, did you know condition of intercontinental Jiuzhai? when i checked globally they suspended my reservation and did not gave any information regarding this hotel.

Could somebody please gave me information what damage could possibly do to that hotel so far that ihg global do to guess reservation ?

8 replies to this topic
California
Level Contributor
2,423 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: earth quake in Aug 2017

If you go on Facebook, and do a search for InterContinental Resort Jiuzhai Paradise, there have been two photos pasted of some of the damage at the hotel.

6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: earth quake in Aug 2017

Hi.. thanks for your reply John..

I've seen those 2 photos but its a main gate only.. but detach my reservation from global support seem odds.

They like say "hey this is not our property anymore, please find out with guess relation!" what the heck they are doing

I already had a booking for this hotel, and have not received any info until I live chat with their support.

urghh make me frustrating now.. any idea so much appreciated!

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
11,936 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: earth quake in Aug 2017

My idea: Cut your losses and move on. This hotel is seriously damaged and what will happen to it is not yet clear. If it is to be rebuilt/refurbished, likely it will take months or years. There are some political issues involved due to the original way in which this property got developed, which I won't go into here. The Intercontinental Hotel Group does not own this property, they were brought in for operations and branding only.

This was not the only hotel in the area that was damaged. So you would be wise to wait and let the coming weeks sort out (a) when Jiuzhaigou will be reopened to tourists and (b) what hotels/support facilities will be operating. If your trip to Jiuzhaigou was in the very near future, change your plans entirely and go elsewhere. You need to be realistic.

Edited: 10 August 2017, 02:52
Lhasa, China
Level Contributor
353 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: earth quake in Aug 2017

the whole area will be closed for travellers for a time being. wont be reopen again any time soon until it's safe again. if you have any plan to visit Jiuzhaigou soon, better let it go.

6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: earth quake in Aug 2017

Thanks Kvchinaa & Peggy for your idea...

I will need to recon the trip once more.. my trip is 3 weeks ahead on first week of September.

so you guys i assumed from local travel associate, if you have news update about the scenic area is open in near 2 weeks ahead, could you please let me know..

Thank you.

Sichuan, China
Level Contributor
721 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: earth quake in Aug 2017

Huanglong and Muni Valley are still open, as is Songpan. These are good alternatives in the same region.

Chengdu, China
7 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: earth quake in Aug 2017

Jiuzhaigou is closed after earthquake. And do not any trip to that area recently.

6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: earth quake in Aug 2017

Hi Jiuzhaigou

thank for the options.. Huanglong is a great alternative, and i heard is not affected to much..

Will check for hotel near songpan county then..

Reply to: earth quake in Aug 2017
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted