We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

accommodation around Huanglong Scenic Area

4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
accommodation around Huanglong Scenic Area

My initial plan was to visit Huanglong and Jiuzhaigou Valley. Since Jiuzhaigou National Park is closing after earthquake (heard until May 2018), I might spend 3 days around Songpan and Huanglong. Can anyone suggests where is the best place to stay? I'm travelling with limited budget so a backpackers hostel or cheap guesthouse would be the best.

4 replies to this topic
Chengdu, China
Level Contributor
274 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: accommodation around Huanglong Scenic Area

There are many places to visit around Songpan.

Ruoergai grassland, Munigou Park, songpinggou valley, Dagu glacier,,,.

Chengdu, China
Level Contributor
189 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: accommodation around Huanglong Scenic Area

In all aspects,the best place to stay is Sonpang city. I used Songpan Qinhe Hotel(琴鹤驿站 near the old city wall South Gate)most time I visited those area,nice location and good price. I tried Songpan Shunping Hotel (松潘顺平商务酒店)last week ,it was new and very cheap.

4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: accommodation around Huanglong Scenic Area

Is there any public transport to Ruoergai grassland, Munigou Park, songpinggou valley, Dagu glacier as you suggested?

Chengdu, China
Level Contributor
274 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: accommodation around Huanglong Scenic Area

Dagu glacier park,from Heishui County, only 16 km. You can take a bus to Heishui county.

Songpinggou valley in Maoxian, the park is 40 kilometers away from the county town,

Munigou valley,It is 26 kilometers away from Songpan county.

Reply to: accommodation around Huanglong Scenic Area
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted