We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay at/nearby the Jiuzhaigou Reserve?

Hamburg
7 posts
Save Topic
Where to stay at/nearby the Jiuzhaigou Reserve?

Hello fellow travellers,

can you provide any recommendations regarding accommodations at or nearby the natural reserve?

if possible, I would very much appreciate details such as price range and ratings of the hostels / hotels...

thanks a lot in advance!

hong kong
Level Contributor
8,880 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay at/nearby the Jiuzhaigou Reserve?

I stayed at Migu Youth Hostel - around 150 Rmb for a double with bathroom. They have cheaper options - dorm bed or rooms with shared bathroom. It's around 15 minutes walk from the park entrance. It was fine for the price.

Sichuan, China
Level Contributor
721 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay at/nearby the Jiuzhaigou Reserve?

I would suggest staying in places owned by local Tibetans so as to really benefit the people whose home you're visiting.

Zhuo Ma's Jiuzhaigou Experience. Authentic Tibetan Homestay. www.zhuomajiuzhaigou.hostel.com

Grassroots hostel. www.7jzg.com

Zhuo Ma's Hostel/ www.17jzg.com

These places ranges from around 50 RMB for a dorm bed to around 200 RMB depending on the rooms. The home stay includes meals and bus station pick ups as well.

There are a full range of hotels from poor Chinese hotels starting at around 150 RMB a night to the Sheraton and Intercontinental.

The national park themselves also run 3 hotels:

jiuzhai.com/language/english/visit_accommoda…

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
222 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay at/nearby the Jiuzhaigou Reserve?

Hello,

I'm interested in staying at the local Tibetan places that you mentioned. How is the english at these places?

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
374 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay at/nearby the Jiuzhaigou Reserve?

Hi there,

I don't know your expectation for the rate range. Here is a list of hotels from 3 to 5 stars

5- Star: Sheraton Jiuzhaigou Hotel

It's the closest hotel to the national forest and provides standard 5-star hotel service. However, its price is comparatively high especially during peak season in late September.

Online booking link www.starwoodhotels.com/sheraton/index.html

3- Star: Jiuzhai Paradise Resort

This hotel is located in the tourist center, Ganhaizi, 20 km from Jiuzhaigou and 60 km from Jiuhuang Airport . Its exterior and interior design have Qiang minority characteristics. However, from customer's feedback, its buffet is not that great.

Jiuzhaigou Xinyu International Hotel

Hope this helps!

WildChina

Sichuan, China
Level Contributor
721 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay at/nearby the Jiuzhaigou Reserve?

The local Tibetan places all speak English.

The Sheraton is 1.5km from the park entrance and there are a lot of hotels closer. As 5* goes, the Sheraton's service is the best and location is most convenient. The Intercontinental / Holiday Inn / Jarpo Village resort is about 25km from the park entrance.

California
Level Contributor
16 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay at/nearby the Jiuzhaigou Reserve?

Hi,

Is the Zhuo Ma Homestay different from this youth hostel? How do you compare the two? The Hostel will not provide meals, right?

Thanks so much!

hong kong
Level Contributor
8,880 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay at/nearby the Jiuzhaigou Reserve?

The Zhuo Ma Homestay is different from the Migu YH. In the homestay you are staying with a family and you eat your meals with them. The YH is more like a cheap hotel and there are lots of ok restaurants and shops nearby. I'm not sure whether the other hostels mentioned above are but I'm sure they are fine. Often the standard of hostels in China is quite high.

Sichuan, China
Level Contributor
721 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to stay at/nearby the Jiuzhaigou Reserve?

Yes, the Zhuo Ma Home Stay and the Zhuo Ma Hostel are different. Zhuo Ma is a very popular Tibetan lady's name. The hostels in Jiuzhaigou are all similar - nothing special but they do the job.

California
Level Contributor
16 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to stay at/nearby the Jiuzhaigou Reserve?

We made reservation to ZM's hostel as well as the Homestay all because of

the information shared in this forum. Will be able to comment about them when we get back in August.

Sichuan, China
Level Contributor
721 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where to stay at/nearby the Jiuzhaigou Reserve?

Looking forward to reading your reports!