We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from Jiuzhaigou to Huanglong?

Malaysia
Level Contributor
129 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi from Jiuzhaigou to Huanglong?

I'm changing my itinerary and considering going straight to Jiuzhaigou on the 1st day then going to Huanglong from Jiuzhaigou. Can i get a taxi to take us? We're a party of 2 and approximately how much would it cost? or are there any car rentals that we could use?

So itinerary would look like this.

Sat Chengdu - Jiuzhaigou (would arrive in the evening)

Sun - Huanglong

Mon/Tue/Wed - Jiuzhaigou Park and Zharu valley hike

Thurs - Back to CD. Maybe Leshan Buddha in the afternoon

Fri - Duliangyan and Mt Qingcheng

Reasonable?

Thank you for inputs and advise.

hong kong
Level Contributor
8,880 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi from Jiuzhaigou to Huanglong?

You can certainly hire a taxi from Jiuzhaigou to Huanglong and back again on the 2nd day. I'm not sure on the costs, but it is quite a long journey so I'd expect several hundred?

Alternatively there are buses in the morning from Jiuzhaigou. See jiuzhai.com/language/…visit_travel.html

Australia
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi from Jiuzhaigou to Huanglong?

sorry to barge in to your topic. I have a similar problem. My plan is to go from jiuzhaigou to huanglong then the airport.

I'm travelling with 3 other people and will have 4 large suitcases. will this fit into a taxi comfortably? if not how will I organise alternative transport?

hong kong
Level Contributor
8,880 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi from Jiuzhaigou to Huanglong?

JestersL

I think 4 people (if large westerners) with big suitcases might be a problem for a Jiuzhaigou taxi. So, consider taking 2 taxis, or getting your hotel /hostel in Jiuzhaigou to arrange a minibus.

Jiuzhaigou to the airport by taxi should be 400 Rmb with a stop in Huanglong.

Malaysia
Level Contributor
129 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi from Jiuzhaigou to Huanglong?

OK Bus is a possible alternative. But how do we get back to jiuzhaigou? Any idea?

Australia
8 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi from Jiuzhaigou to Huanglong?

Thanks for your advice.

I think we may have to go down that path we these are large suitcases (and people :P)

I have booked hotels using ctrip will I contact them or the hotel directly?

thanks again

hong kong
Level Contributor
8,880 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi from Jiuzhaigou to Huanglong?

Happyshirt

There is a bus returning in the afternoon. Here is a report from last year. Read the post by zhuhai2007

tripadvisor.com/…21597293

JestersL

Contact the hotel directly, but unless it is a good one I would wait until you get there. Otherwise you might meet language problems.

Edited: 08 August 2010, 13:53
Malaysia
Level Contributor
129 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi from Jiuzhaigou to Huanglong?

Thanks Drumbrake. looks like we may hv to stop the bus by the roadside?

hong kong
Level Contributor
8,880 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi from Jiuzhaigou to Huanglong?

Yes- I think the bus passes through Huanglong from somewhere else. However - I think the driver is on the look out for people who he dropped down earlier so it should be ok.

If you can meet people to share a taxi with in Jiuzhaigou, I think that is the way to go. Total price would be similar, and the journey much faster.

Sichuan, China
Destination Expert
for Jiuzhaigou County, Chengdu
Level Contributor
719 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxi from Jiuzhaigou to Huanglong?

There is also an airport bus that is not too expensive. Inquire at your hotel about booking that for the day. Since there are 4 of you it shouldn't be too expensive - definitely cheaper than two taxis - price should be around 400 but we all know what taxi drivers can be like! You could also pick up a few stray travellers to reduce the cost.

Australia
8 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Taxi from Jiuzhaigou to Huanglong?

Thanks for your advice guys :)

It looks like we will be taking the bus to hotel and organising things with the hotel for the trip to huanglong and airport.