We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi Jiuzhai-Huanglong

5 posts
Save Topic
Taxi Jiuzhai-Huanglong

Hi guys, I was wondering if you could give me some info on taxi transfers from Jiuzhai to Huanglong. How long does it take? Is it worth the trip? And will the taxi wait to take us back to the airport or I need a new taxi from Huanglong?

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
1,741 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi Jiuzhai-Huanglong

Hi Matteo,

You would book a taxi for the day for Huanglong. And yes, it is definitely worth the trip. It takes about 3 hours each way to Huanglong from Jiuzhigou. And the taxi driver will wait for you (you book the driver for the day).

You have to negotiate a set price with your taxi driver, and pay him after you return to your hotel. We paid 500 Yuan for this day trip back in early August of this year. Our driver picked us up at 8AM at our hotel, when we arrived huanglong, we took the cable car up, and hiked down. It took us about 4 hours to hike down. And we got back to our hotel in Jiuzhaigou at almost exactly 6PM.

The air is thin up at Huanglong, but you can buy a can of oxygen inside the park for 15 yuan if you need it.

5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi Jiuzhai-Huanglong

Hi Thanks for your message.

Just to clarify: on the way back I should go to the airport not to Jiuzhaigou. How long is the Huanglong-airport trip?

Sichuan, China
Destination Expert
for Jiuzhaigou County, Chengdu
Level Contributor
721 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi Jiuzhai-Huanglong

Huanglong to the airport is just over 1.5 hours. The price would probably be the same for Jiuzhagou - Huanglong - Airport as if you were to finish up back at Jiuzhaigou.

4. Re: Taxi Jiuzhai-Huanglong

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 March 2011, 04:16
Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.
Follow now