We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tour to Jiuzhaigou from Beijing?

England
Level Contributor
7 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Tour to Jiuzhaigou from Beijing?

Hello,

I am planning to go to Jiuzhaigou for 3 days from Beijing. Since I never been to China and don't speak Chinese, I am thinking of joining a tour instead. Does anyone know a good travel/tour company?

Just wondering if I can travel by myself without joining tour, but I don't feel so confident as I don't speak Chinese.

Can anyone advise please? Thanks

Stephanie

Sichuan, China
Level Contributor
721 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tour to Jiuzhaigou from Beijing?

You don't really have to join a tour. You could book a hostel / home stay / hotel in advance and print out the name in Chinese. This you could show to a taxi driver or shuttle bus driver and they can bring you to your accommodation. Book accommodation that can speak english and they can help you with other arrangements. Guides will take commissions left right and centre and will bring you to shops and restaurants that you might not otherwise want to go to.

England
Level Contributor
7 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tour to Jiuzhaigou from Beijing?

Thank you for your reply. Do you know if there is any direct flight from Beijing to Jiuzhaigou? What airlines?

Is it easy to find taxi or buses in JZG area? Thank you

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
1,788 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tour to Jiuzhaigou from Beijing?

You can check ctrip.com. This is a major travel site in China, they have English version. I booked all our hotel and flights inside China from this site from US.

It seems that Chinese airlines don't post their schedules too early, so, you should check for flights maybe a month or two before your travel dates.

Once you arrive at the Jiuzhaigou airport, they are lines of taxies waiting. Last summer the rate for going to Jiuzhaigou is 200 Yuan flat (to your hotel). It was set by their local government. Posted outside by the taxi stands. So, that was easy enough. I don't much about bus schedules, since we did not take them. But I think there are buses too.

Sichuan, China
Level Contributor
721 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tour to Jiuzhaigou from Beijing?

There should be direct flights from Beijing to Chengdu in the summer. You can get a taxi or a shuttle bus from the airport to your hotel. Around Jiuzhaigou itself everything is pretty close so you can just get taxis.

England
Level Contributor
7 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tour to Jiuzhaigou from Beijing?

Thank you very much for your reply. I tried to find hotels in Jiuzhaigou area (near the park), but its quite hard to find. I want to find a clean hotel thats affordable. Any suggestions? Thanks

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
1,788 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tour to Jiuzhaigou from Beijing?

I remember that there were lots of hotels near the park area. You should be able to find lots of choices.

England
Level Contributor
7 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tour to Jiuzhaigou from Beijing?

I would like to see Huanglong area as well. I heard its really nice area. Maybe I can rent a car+driver to drive me around Huanglong for 1 day. Is it possible? Can anyone advise me how to book car+driver online? What websites? Thank you

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
1,788 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tour to Jiuzhaigou from Beijing?

Yes, you can! When you are in Jiuzhaigou, you should definitely spend a day to see Huanglong.

We booked a private taxi car for the day. It cost us 500 Yuan for the day last summer. You don't need to book it online, when you arrive Jiuzhaigou, all taxi drivers will want to give you their business card and take you to Huanglong. You just negotiate with all of them, and book with the taxi driver that you like the most. It is a 3 hour trip one way to Huanglong. When you arrive, you ask them to take you to the cable car entrance, take the cable hour up, and then hike all the way down (about 4 hours), then 3 hours drive back. Our driver came to pick us up at 8AM, and we got back to Jiuzhaigou at around 6PM. Pay your drive the whole fee at the end of your trip.

The driver will wait for you outside of the park while you hike. Make sure you know where to meet up with your driver, because there will be lots of taxi cars at the parking lot, and they all look the same.

Edited: 17 March 2011, 03:42
Sichuan, China
Level Contributor
721 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tour to Jiuzhaigou from Beijing?

Regarding hotels, you can check the hotel listings on the hotels section on this website. Right at the park entrance are the Gui Bing Lou and He Ye Hotel but these can be difficult to book on line. The Sheraton (not cheap) has it's own website. If you are interested in hostels or home stays you can check out www.hostelworld.com or you could also check www.sinohotel.com

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
1,788 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tour to Jiuzhaigou from Beijing?

Hey, I did a quick search on ctrip.com for hotels in the Jiuzhigou area, and got a list of 9 hotels:

…ctrip.com/Domestic/ShowHotelList.aspx

You can search for each hotel, and see if the price and location work for you.

Skip InterContinental Resort, because it is 20 minutes away from the park entrance by car.

We stayed at Sheraton Resort. We loved it there. It is within walking distance to the entrance. Also, if you walk out of the hotel, towards the back side, there is a running water creek, and are lined with lots of restaurants and shops there that open late. It is a fun place to eat, shop, or just walk around.