We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transort from Airport to Sheraton or Inter Continental

rsa
australia
Level Contributor
805 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Transort from Airport to Sheraton or Inter Continental

Hi, WE are trying to obtain prices for a Taxi from Jiuzhaigou (JZH) Airport to the Sheraton or Inter Continental. Are Taxis freely available at the airoport? What would the cost be?

We will be arriving at 9.00 am and thought it might be agood idea to go via Huanglong , Is this possible with a taxi and driver, or would we have to go on a tour? Looking forward to all comments with regard to transport and Hotels. Regards RSA

Sichuan, China
Destination Expert
for Jiuzhaigou County, Chengdu
Level Contributor
719 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transort from Airport to Sheraton or Inter Continental

It is possible with a taxi. It should cost around 400 - 500 RMB. If you can get 6 people together the shuttle bus will cost 100 RMB per person.

Taxis are freely available.

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
1,721 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transort from Airport to Sheraton or Inter Continental

Yes, there should a line of taxis at the taxi stand right at the airport. The one way cost of the taxi from airport to Jiuzhaigou park area (Sheraton or Continental) was a flat 200 Yuan last August (8/2010). The rate is set by the local government and is posted on a sign.

Don't join a tour group. Just hire a taxi and go where you need to go. To go to Huanglong from Jiuzhaigou, you can negotiate and book a taxi for the day. Last August, we paid 500 Yuan for the day. Our taxi picked us up at Sheraton, drove us to Huanglong, waited for us outside, as we hiked in Huanglong park for about 4 hours, then took us back to Sheraton. It is about 3 hours one way from Jiuzhaigou to Huanglong.

We enjoyed staying at Sheraton, it is very close to Jiuzhaigou park. $1 dollar taxi ride, or a 15 minute walk. Also, it has many restaurants a short walk away. Continental is far from Jiuzhigou town. I think it is about a 20 minute taxi ride. And there are no restaurants nearby, so you might be eating more expensive meals at the hotel.

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
1,721 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transort from Airport to Sheraton or Inter Continental

Oh, about the second part of your question.

Yes, you can go straight to Huanglong from the airport, and then back to your hotel.

You would have to negotiate a flat rate with the taxi drivers to take you to Huanglong. They will wait for you outside, while you visit Huanglong park, then drive you to your hotel in Jiuzhigou. Pay them at the end of your trip.

It is about one hour and half from airport to Huanglong. At Huanglong, take the cable car up, then hike down. It should take about 4 hours. Then it will take about 3 hours to drive from Huanglong to Jiuzhaigou. So, your timing is perfect for the day, as long as you are not too tired from the flight.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transort from Airport to Sheraton or Inter Continental

Hi Rsa!

I was hoping to do something similar when I visit the area in June. Just wondering if you took HappyTraveler852's suggested itinerary? If so, what did you do with luggage? I don't think I would trust my bags with a Taxi driver.... If not, what route did you end up taking? how long were the rides and what were you able to negotiate?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Sichuan, China
Destination Expert
for Jiuzhaigou County, Chengdu
Level Contributor
719 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transort from Airport to Sheraton or Inter Continental

You can leave your luggage in the Huanglong and Jiuzhaigou visitor centers for free. Drivers are trustworthy though, you don't pay them until the end of the trip.

6. Re: Transort from Airport to Sheraton or Inter Continental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 07:15