We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taking Cab around Jiuzhaigou Park

San Diego...
Level Contributor
18 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Taking Cab around Jiuzhaigou Park

Is it easy to grab a cab from InterContinental Resort Jiuzhai Paradise hotel to Jiuzhaigou park every morning?

How about on the way back to that hotel from the park in the afternoon? Is it easy to get a cab at the park entrance?

We're thinking of reserving a cab for only one day when we arrive in Jiuzhaigou and then go to huanglong and Paradise hotel. For rest of other two days, we'll just pick up a cab nearby the hotel or park. Is it doable?

Thanks in advance!

Guilin, China
Level Contributor
120 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Taking Cab around Jiuzhaigou Park

Hello Glacier8,

Sorry but I don't think it will work out coz not many cabs in the region. You can try, certainly, but renting a cab for a couple of days to tour the park is a better way to go. Options are: private-run vans, hotel transfers and buses. Have fun and PM me if need anything.

Edited: 26 May 2011, 02:10
Sichuan, China
Destination Expert
for Jiuzhaigou County, Chengdu
Level Contributor
721 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taking Cab around Jiuzhaigou Park

There are loads of cabs in Jiuzhaigou!! You can ask the guys at the hotel to organise you a car down to the park in the morning. It might be best to ask the evening before. Or, ask the cab that brought you from the airport to bring you to the park the following day.

When you come out of the park there are loads of taxis waiting and will bring you back to the Intercontinental.

You can arrange with the taxis that you take to and from the hotel to bring you to Huanglong. From your hotel to and from the park entrance should cost around 50 RMB each way. Hotel to Huanglong and back should cost 400 RMB. Airport to the hotel will cost 200 RMB. Perhaps you could make a deal with a driver at the airport when you arrive.

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
1,739 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taking Cab around Jiuzhaigou Park

Hi there,

When we were in Jiuzhaigou last summer, there were always cabs waiting by our hotel. And when we were leaving Jiuzhaigou park in the late afternoons, there were also a line of cabs waiting for passengers right outside of the park, so should be no problem.

You do need to book a cab for your day trip to Huanglong.

Miami Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Shanghai Region
Level Contributor
6,532 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taking Cab around Jiuzhaigou Park

Yes, you will have no problem whatsoever getting a taxi in both directions. Some drivers will quote rates, rather than use a meter.

Did you look into this hotel carefully? Only the name is Intercontinental, not the service, food or rooms. The reviews are very mixed. I do not like TripAdvisor counting all the reviews by the Chinese as part of the ratings. The expectations of Chinese versus westerners are apparently very different.

If I were you, I would look into the Sheraton virtually a stone's throws from the park's gates.

Chengdu, China
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Taking Cab around Jiuzhaigou Park

There are around 50KM from InterContinental Resort Jiuzhai Paradise hotel to Jiuzhaigou National Park, but it's always easy to get a cab. Also you can ask the hotel to reserve a cab for you.

BTW, it's a really good hotel, enjoy your time in Jiuzhaigou :)

-----

Murphy from Chengdu Windhorse Tour.

Sichuan, China
Destination Expert
for Jiuzhaigou County, Chengdu
Level Contributor
721 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taking Cab around Jiuzhaigou Park

It's 25km from Jiuzhaigou to the Intercontinental and like sobesparky said the service can certainly be lacking. I personally think the Intercon hotel and rooms are a nicer than the Sheraton so there are a few trade offs you have to decide on.

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
1,739 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taking Cab around Jiuzhaigou Park

Agree with sobesparky on your hotel choice. We stayed at Sheraton. Taking the cab to the park costs only about $1 dollar, or you can walk there in about 15 minutes. Also, there are lots of restaurants right outside of Sheraton. Cheap and good food are within walking distance or a short drive away.

Intercontinental is kinda of far and away from everything. I think it is about a 20 min cab ride from the park. So you will probably have to eat meals at the hotel. I saw no restaurants nearby. Food inside the hotel is very expensive, and so so. I bought a can of coke for about $4 us dollars at Sheraton, but right outside of Sheraton, a bottle of coke cost only 5 yuan, about 80 cents.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
18 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taking Cab around Jiuzhaigou Park

I was confused by the mixed reviews for Intercontinental vs. sheraton at TA and CTRIP. From the photos posted, it seems to me that the rooms at intercontinental is nicer and bigger than in sheraton. I heard the bathroom at sheraton is small and rooms there are old. Location wise, no one could beat sheraton. It's really hard to decide which one even though we reserve a room at intercontinental for now but we might change our minds. We have 4 people (2 adults and 2 kids under 12-yr-old), it seems the beds in sheraton might be too small for us. Again, it's really hard to decide because all of pros and cons between those two hotels.

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
1,739 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Taking Cab around Jiuzhaigou Park

We were also debating between InterC and Sheraton for our trip last summer, and we were also traveling with our two young children ages 7 and 9 then.

I think both resorts are nice, and you would probably be happy with either one. We decided on Sheraton due to its location, and we were very happy with our choice. Our room was very nice, and the bathroom was nice. I think we booked a slightly upgraded room than their regular standard. The whole resort did not seem dated, seemed rather new actually. The beds were a bit small. The two beds in our room were smaller than our Queen size standard in the US, but they are meant for 2 people. So, bigger than a twin. This seemed to be their standard double bed in China.

It was very nice for us, that after a day inside the park, we could just walk out, get a cab, and be in our hotel in about 5 minutes. Our kids went swimming in their pool 3 out of the 4 nights we stayed there. It was great that local restaurants and shops are just a short walk away. The restaurants open late too, they said they close at midnight.

10. Re: Taking Cab around Jiuzhaigou Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 May 2012, 05:19