We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jiuzhaigou Valley vs. Huanglong Scenic Valley

Which Jiuzhaigou County hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Antartica
8 posts
Save Topic
Jiuzhaigou Valley vs. Huanglong Scenic Valley

Hi,

Can someone explain the main differences between Jiuzhaigou Valley and Huanglong Scenic Valley. It is worthwhile seeing both of them, or is it better to spend more time in one of them?

Thanks!

Beijing, China
Destination Expert
for Guilin, Xi'an, Tibet
Level Contributor
4,916 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jiuzhaigou Valley vs. Huanglong Scenic Valley

It depends on your time. Huanglong deserves a look. Be aware of the delay of your flight btw.

Edited: 07 September 2011, 16:24
Dublin, California
Level Contributor
19,567 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jiuzhaigou Valley vs. Huanglong Scenic Valley

Huanglong is full of colorful natural water pools (due to natural chemicals), and it's very high in altitude. Jiuzhaigou is about beautiful clear water falls and lakes. It's definitely worthwhile to see both. I would spend at least 2 days at Jiuzhaigou, or more. I think one day at Huanglong is enough.

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
1,682 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jiuzhaigou Valley vs. Huanglong Scenic Valley

They are both beautiful, and I found that the sceneries are actually quite different. We also thought about just going to Jiuzhaigou at first, but we are so glad that we also went to visit Huanglong.

I highly recommend that you go to both. Especially since if you got yourself all the way to Jiuzhaigou, it would be a shame if you didn't go just a bit further, and spend a day at the nearby Huanglong too.

You should plan to spend 2 days to explore the Jiuzhaigou valley, and 1 day for Huanglong.

Blueys Beach...
Level Contributor
1,228 posts
274 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jiuzhaigou Valley vs. Huanglong Scenic Valley

We willl have five nights i.e. four days, should we spend overnight in Huanglong or stay in same hotel, probably Sheraton for the whole time and take day trips? How long to get to Huanglong from Jiuzhaigou and should we go to Huanglong first or last?

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
1,682 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jiuzhaigou Valley vs. Huanglong Scenic Valley

There are no hotels in the Huanglong park area (except I think we saw one or two scary looking local motels in that area). Almost everybody do the day trip to Huanglong from Jiuzhaigou.

We also stayed at Sheraton. Excellent location, great hotel.

Huanglong is 3 hours each way from Jiuzhaigou. We left Sheraton at 8AM. Huanglong takes about 4 hours to explorer. (Take the cable car up, and hike down). We got back to Sheraton at around 6PM.

We had 4 nights and 3 full days at Jiuzhaigou. We went to Jiuzhaigou on day 1, Huanglong on day 2, then Jiuzhigou again on day 3. We just wanted to break it up a bit, but it doesn't matter if you go to Huanglong first or last.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jiuzhaigou Valley vs. Huanglong Scenic Valley

Hi Happy Traveller, how many hours did you spend in Huanglong? I am considering of this tour...but they only allow 90mins in Huanglong.

Dublin, California
Level Contributor
19,567 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jiuzhaigou Valley vs. Huanglong Scenic Valley

90 min? We flew into the Jiuzhaigou airport and took a bus directly to Huanglong. We got there by lunch time, ate lunch, and then spend the afternoon at Huanglong. We took the cable car up and then walk all the way to the top (maybe an hour's walk) and then walk all the way down (maybe another 2 hrs.). For 90 min you'll get to see just the bottom part.

Blueys Beach...
Level Contributor
1,228 posts
274 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Jiuzhaigou Valley vs. Huanglong Scenic Valley

Our flights have been changed - we haven't even left home yet and have had three flight changes! Now we will depart Chengdu at 8.25 a.m. and arrive Jiuzhaigou 9.15 a.m. which gives us the opportunity to go to Huanglong before we check in to the Sheraton Jiuzhaigou. If we hire a taxi at the airport how long will it take us to drive via Huanglong to Jiuzhaigou with enough time to take the cable car up and walk down? Do we need to take lunch or is food available at Huanglong? We don't want to rush Huanglong but would like to get to the hotel by late afternoon as we'll have an early start that morning.

Beijing, China
Destination Expert
for Guilin, Xi'an, Tibet
Level Contributor
4,916 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Jiuzhaigou Valley vs. Huanglong Scenic Valley

Hi, HAPPYOZZIE, in your case you’d better hire a car for the whole transfer airport-HL-JZG. Since though there are buses from JZG down to Huanglong and back JZG( back at about 3 PM), seats may not be secured to get right in HL. If there were buses available to HL at airport (not a fixed common thing), just use it and hire car to JZG after HL (finish HL not too late).

Airport-HL costs 1 good hr. HL-JZG costs 3 hrs. Your hotel is not far from JZG.

Eating is not a problem in every corner there are tourists.

Beijing, China
Destination Expert
for Guilin, Xi'an, Tibet
Level Contributor
4,916 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Jiuzhaigou Valley vs. Huanglong Scenic Valley

Car costs generally 400 for airport-HL-JZG. They may add a little to foreigner.