We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport bus to Sheraton hotel or taxi

Malaysia
Level Contributor
2,304 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Airport bus to Sheraton hotel or taxi

Hi,

In March, we plan to take a flight to Jiuzhaigou. Will the the aiport shuttle pass and drop the 2 of us at Sheraton hotel?

Or, should we take a taxi? I read in an earlier post where the travellers were switched to a "black taxi".

We are still waiting for discounted airfares, but had made Sheraton's reservations.

Thanks for any advice with regards to transport.

Edited: 08 February 2012, 06:03
Sichuan, China
Destination Expert
for Jiuzhaigou County, Chengdu
Level Contributor
721 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport bus to Sheraton hotel or taxi

The bus probably won't be running at that stage but it might be. When you get to the airport you can check it out. Otherwise you can get a taxi which will be waiting outside the door for 200 RMB. You may be switched to another taxi but if you already have a booking in the Sheraton you shouldn't have too much trouble. Have the name, address and phone number of the Sheraton written down in Chinese if you can't speak it. If you have a phone that can ring the Sheraton all the better. I would imagine drivers won't try the "it's dirty / it's closed..." tricks for the Sheraton.

Malaysia
Level Contributor
2,304 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport bus to Sheraton hotel or taxi

Thanks for yr reply. My husband can communicate in Chinese, so hopefully we dont encounter any black taxis.

We are monitoring flights at elong and ctrip which will arrive Jiuzhaigou in the morning or noon.

Another question:-

I had a look at Air China website, but couldnt key Jiuzhaigou as the destination. It was listed as " Jiuzhai Huonglong" and the flight details indicate "Songpan" as the destination.

Is this correct?

Thanks.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
582 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport bus to Sheraton hotel or taxi

Yes, "Songpan" is correct for Jiuzhaigou at Air China website.

Malaysia
Level Contributor
2,304 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport bus to Sheraton hotel or taxi

Yuko, thanks for confirming.

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
1,741 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport bus to Sheraton hotel or taxi

We took the taxi from the airport to Sheraton for 200 yuan. And we got switch to another taxi just outside of the airport. The first driver fed us a lie, and told us that we had to move to another taxi.

I think it was a transaction between the two taxi drivers. We just paid our 200 yuan to the second driver when we arrived at Sherton. We paid nothing to the first driver. It was troublesome to have to switch cars and move our suitcases. But other than that, it was okay, we still got to the Sheraton fine.

6. Re: Airport bus to Sheraton hotel or taxi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 May 2013, 10:22