We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Water Level at Huang Long?

Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
44 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Water Level at Huang Long?

We will be visiting Jiuzhaigou and Huang Long this weekend. I have heard that Huang Long is less enjoyable when the water levels are low, and know that we are just starting the rainier season.

Any idea what the water level is like in the pools in Huang Long currently? Are they nearly dry or is there a fair amount of water now?

hongkong
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Water Level at Huang Long?

I went at end of march,the place was dry and full of ice n snow only 2to 5 pools were filled with water.but I really loved the place more than jiuzhaigou but very long in walking n beautiful.u must visit.

Edited: 13 May 2013, 16:35
Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
44 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Water Level at Huang Long?

Thanks for the message! We just got back today, and it was pretty dry (the main pool at the top was full), but there were only a few others. Still gorgeous and worth doing (takes about 2 hours from Jiuzhaigou), but ideal to wait until after the wet season is over (in October) if you have the option!

3. Re: Water Level at Huang Long?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 May 2014, 05:17