We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

JZG Index of Red Leaves for 2013 in English

Singapore
Level Contributor
269 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
JZG Index of Red Leaves for 2013 in English

Hi

Hoping someone can give me a link to this Index site in ENGLISH.

If not, then an intelligent English Translation from the Chinese site(s) pls - what are the exact days for Tiers 1, 2 and 3 of this Fall Foliage-Red Leave Index this year for the JZG Region ? I've been to the English site of some China Agent Travel Sites but found the old-dated English articles to be pretty 'gibberish' - couldn't make sense of what these were trying to say ???

I have booked a 10D packaged trip departing 30 Oct 2013 and should be doing one full-day in JZG Park on 1st November (the 3rd day) - Huanglong on 31st Oct (the 2nd day) - Hailuogou/Yajia Geng Red Rocks/Kangding-Danba/Chengdu ......

Given the climatic conditions so far this year for the JZG/Sichuan Region, is 1st Nov 2013 still in time to catch Tier 3 - the peak of the autumn leaves ? When should the LAST DAY of Tier 3 be - end of 1st Week Nov ???

If not, I might have to amend my departure date to 25th Oct [pay more here] in order to catch the Red Leaves

Joanna

Mentioned in this post
Chengdu
Chengdu
Sichuan, China
Singapore
Level Contributor
269 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: JZG Index of Red Leaves for 2013 in English

Also planning for 2014 customised/DIY trip with a small group [6-9] - possibly May to August [late Spring or Summer as read that for JZG - best periods are autumn or summer] altho' I personally like Sep - late May.

Huanglong should have water by May and not dried-up isn't it ?

Have advised my friend against April dates as think still too dry and flowers not out yet.

This group prefers warmer mild weather and thus opting out of Oct-Nov period this year [some off to Europe and no more leave THIS year etc]

For best (non-autumn) colours with full lakes/pools and pretty flowers/blossoms, WHICH MONTH 2014 here would be best - with not-too-much rain/humidity etc ???

BTW - Thanks so much Kelvin for your email - my friend will be looking into the details later for our 2014 trip-planning.

Sichuan, China
Destination Expert
for Jiuzhaigou County, Chengdu
Level Contributor
721 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: JZG Index of Red Leaves for 2013 in English

Jiuzhaigou leaves start changing colour around the 10th of October and peaks between the 17th and 26th/27th. But that can change depending on weather conditions. A rain storm on the 24th will knock the coloured leaves off. By the 31st of October and 1st of November most of the leaves will have fallen but there will still be some colour.

Huanglong leaves will have fallen by the 25th of October and there won't be many coloured leaves left by the 31st of Oct. There will still be some though.

July - September are the best for the summer colours. There is less rain in September but most of the rain usually comes at night during the summer (July and August). There can be spells of a few days of no sunshine but that is rare. There is a lot of sunshine and blue skies during the summer even though it is the rainiest season.

Singapore
Level Contributor
269 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: JZG Index of Red Leaves for 2013 in English

Thanks Jiuzhaigo !

I've got my departure date brought forward by a week from the 30th to 23rd Oct - at least then I'm pretty sure of Tiers 3 and 2. If I were to leave the 30th Oct date as it is I run the risk of catching the tail-end of Tier 3 or Nothing ! Better be safe than sorry here - the extra $100 peak surcharge is negligible compared to the overall picture !

With this 23rd Oct - 1st Nov 10D Packaged Trip, if I were to pay another $150 to extend departure ticket date to 6th Nov, I'll then have the option to also 'join up' and start off / continue with my $38 5D4N JZG Groupon Deal - I'm reluctant to do this if I can't find a travel partner as I'm unwilling to pay for another single supplement here and this is basically only doing 1 full day in JZG on 3rd Nov [3D2N JZG] and 2D2N Chengdu - also I've just read 2 posts here saying that the TravelStar JZG Groupon Deals in 2012 were 'rotten / horrible' compared to their better Shanghai deal - which however I've NOT had the benefit of doing altho' fully arranged for after a 1st 7D6N Shanghai Deal from another agent - see my thread in the Shanghai Forum on my April 2013 Trip with the same friend that I'll be doing the Customised JZG Trip next year - all thanks to the Very Nasty Shanghai female tour leader who made it 'impossible' for us to meet up with her unreasonable demands. Anyway we much preferred NOT doing the 2nd Deal Trip and instead spent an enjoyable time doing Shanghai DIY ourselves - booking our cheap but very clean Shanghai hotel from the money meant for 2nd Tour Leader S$6 daily tipping + compulsory $100 Attractions ! I guess I had better not fall into the same 'trap' here after learning my lesson in April [China travel 'conditions & policies for the shopping trips' don't benefit genuine travellers who aren't into such compulsory annoying shopping] …….by being 'greedy' and doing longer trip here [for me leave is not a problem]

Mentioned in this post
Chengdu
Chengdu
Sichuan, China
Shanghai
Shanghai
Shanghai Region, China
Singapore
Level Contributor
269 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: JZG Index of Red Leaves for 2013 in English

I definitely WON'T be extending my 23rd Oct to 1st Nov 2013 JZG packaged trip as I'll be going off for another trip BEFORE doing JZG !

At last weekend's NATAS TRAVEL FAIR, bought an 8D Taiwan Tour package essentially for my mom as it's supposed to be of a relaxed spaced-out/non-rushing less-walking tour here ... so Fri 11/10/13 to Fri 18/10/13 off to Taiwan [refused to pay the extra S$100 holiday surcharge for the 15 Oct Deepavali Holiday - so had to switch from originally-intended Sat 12/10/13 to Sat 19/10/13 - no problem !]

So I'll have Autumn Galore - experiencing the Autumn Red Leaves/Colours in BOTH Taiwan and then Sichuan [HL+JZG+HLG+Kangding/Danba ...], China ! hahahaha .......

Mentioned in this post
5. Re: JZG Index of Red Leaves for 2013 in English

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2014, 05:16