We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

JZG & HGL itinerary

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
195 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
JZG & HGL itinerary

Hi All,

1) It seems to be the consensus on this forum that two days are enough for JZG, and five hours - for HGL. Is that so?

2) Is it poosible to fly from Beijing or Shanghai directly to Chuanzhusi, or do I need a connecting flight in Chengdu?

3) Assuming it's best to beat the morning crowds (in May), I'm planning to arrive in the afternoon of D1, sleep near the entrance of JZG on D1+2, depart (with private car) for a hotel near the entrance of HGL at the end of D3, and depart for the airport in the afternoon of D4. How does that sound?

4) Are there hotels near the entrance to HGL, or is Chuanzhusi the nearest place?

5) How to divide the itinerary between the two days in JZG?

6) If I can afford it, is there any point in hiring a guide for these parks?

Thanks a lot,

Roni.

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
34,183 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: JZG & HGL itinerary

Sounds roughly what I did. I can't comment on flight routings, you'll have to check on Ctrip or Travelzen.

You don't need a guide. On day 2 start by taking the shuttle bus to the top ("Primeaval Forest") and making your way down, either on foot or by shuttle bus. On day 3 you can take the left hand fork in the road and visit the other valley, or revisit sights you missed on day 2. I recommend allowing time for the Tibetan Villages lower down the mountain.

I was told that there were no good hotels near Huanglong so I visited there by public minibus & stayed in

Songpan for the night.

2. Re: JZG & HGL itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 December 2014, 06:18