We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car to Jiuzhaigou and back - approximate cost

Asia
4 posts
Save Topic
Car to Jiuzhaigou and back - approximate cost

Hello

Me and a friend will be in Chengdu later this year mid-October and we plan to hire a private car to send us to Jiuzhaigou and back Chengdu. Our itinerary are pretty standard:

Day 1: Chengdu - Jiuzhaigou

Day 3: Jiuzhaigou

Day 4: Jiuzhaigou

Day 5: Jiuzhaigou to Huanglong to Songpan

Day 6: Songpan to Chengdu

Day 7: maybe to/fro Mount Ermei

Based on route above, approximately how much are we looking at? We just need a car and driver, no guide. If it is deemed not appropriate to reply with the prices here, appreciate if you would PM me.

We have written to a few "agents" and while they are prompt & extremely helpful with their recommendations, when it comes to "how much", their replies dried up. Is there a reason for this? Or, am I too impatient...somehow, I expect an answer within 1 business day.

Thanks.

Chengdu, China
Level Contributor
114 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Car to Jiuzhaigou and back - approximate cost

It is the peak season in October in Jiuzhaigou,and you'd better fly to Jiuzhaigou,and book the ground transfer there.As the cost of the car rental,plus your private driver' accommodation and food allowance for almost one week can be equal to the price of round way airtickets of two of you.

Anyway,it would be OK if you want see the scenery from Chengdu to Jiuzhaigou by hiring a car.

2. Re: Car to Jiuzhaigou and back - approximate cost

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 April 2015, 07:15