We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Giant Buddha from near and far?

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
225 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Giant Buddha from near and far?

Hi All,

I'd like to see the Buddha both on foot from near and from afar. I'm familiar of course with the boat option, but I undestand there're long queues and the boat itself is crowded and in a hurry.

Is there a way to view the statue from the opposite bank?

Chengdu, China
Level Contributor
1,121 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Giant Buddha from near and far?

You can not see the Buddha on the opposite side of the river bank,but you may see the reclining Buddha by standing there.Suppose what if people can see the panoramic view of Buddha for free why people keep long queue to buy tickets?

Beijing, China
Destination Expert
for Guilin, Xi'an, Tibet
Level Contributor
4,930 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Giant Buddha from near and far?

Sure, you can see the Giant Buddha from opposite river bank for example on the Sun Island (except flooding time). But just like you said, it's afar indeed, and usually it's hazy in Leshan. You should evaluate if your Leshan trip will be worth it if you don't enter the park to feel the Giant Buddha's majesty. The boot view trip not very worth it. Time is too short.

Edited: 12 January 2014, 05:36
3. Re: Giant Buddha from near and far?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 December 2016, 11:18
Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.
Follow now