We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Leshan Giant Buddha on 12 Oct (Sunday)

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
33 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Leshan Giant Buddha on 12 Oct (Sunday)

My friends and I will be in Chengdu in October and are planning to go to the Leshan Giant Buddha on 12 Oct. Many people have advised against going during the weekends but 12 Oct (Sunday) is the only free day we have. Any comments on whether it is advisable to just go and visit and maybe wait in queue or should we consider something else? The worry I have is 12 October is the last Sunday of the Golden Week.

Thanks!

Chengdu, China
Level Contributor
522 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Leshan Giant Buddha on 12 Oct (Sunday)

Yes, no problem. Golden week is the October 1st --10 month 7 days. October 12th no problem. sctabi@163.com

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
33 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Leshan Giant Buddha on 12 Oct (Sunday)

Thanks Chengduguide!

By the way, do you know how easy / difficult is it to go Jiajiang Thousand Buddha Cliff from Leshan Giant Buddha? And how to go back to Chengdu from there?

Chengdu, China
Level Contributor
522 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Leshan Giant Buddha on 12 Oct (Sunday)

Jiajiang Thousand Buddha Cliff ?!

Yes, I've been there.Not too far away. 50km. Buddha and paper-making museum.

Jiajiang Thousand Buddha Cliff , It is in the back Jiajiang Middle School. Through the railway.

Chengdu, China
Level Contributor
1,103 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Leshan Giant Buddha on 12 Oct (Sunday)

It is impossible to do the day trip of both Leshan Giant Buddha and Jiayang One Thousand Buddha Cliff by the public transportations,as it involves many transfers,although they are not far from each other.It is easy and nice to hire a driver for such day trip.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,429 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Leshan Giant Buddha on 12 Oct (Sunday)

Re your post at tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g297463-i8702-k772…

I took photo for the Chengdi’s Xin Nan Men timetable in 2014.06 and expected you can do that in 1-day because Sichuen at the Western China and will become dusk at 18:30 in October.

IMO;

07:30~09:30: Chengdi’s Xin Nan Men- Leshan Gaint Buddha. The first bus departure at 07:30, journey time 2 hours. (07:30~19:35 at each 20min interval)

10:00~13:00: visiting and Qingyijiang cruise.

13:00~14:00: Leshan- Jiajiang with packed lunch on the way, journey time 45min. The buses are hourly interval (08:00~18:00), be sharp,

14:00~14:30: by local bus at the opposite side of the Jiajiang bus station, journey time 15min.

14:30~16:30: visiting.

16:30~18:30: Jiajiang Thousand Buddha Cliff- Chengdi’s Xin Nan Men, journey time 2 hours. (N.B. at Chengdi’s Xin Nan Men, buses go to Jiajiang Thousand Buddha Cliff from 07:20~18:20 at each 30min interval)

FYI.

Edited: 16 August 2014, 17:49
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,429 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Leshan Giant Buddha on 12 Oct (Sunday)

Re my post#5, or vise versa.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
33 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Leshan Giant Buddha on 12 Oct (Sunday)

Thanks everyone for your input! Will consider hiring a driver / take taxi from to and fro Buddha Cliff

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
33 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Leshan Giant Buddha on 12 Oct (Sunday)

Does anyone know how much it should cost for a taxi to/from Buddha Cliff from the Giant Buddha?

9. Re: Leshan Giant Buddha on 12 Oct (Sunday)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 May 2017, 15:18